1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a logo

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Matthew2D, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Matthew2D

Matthew2D Active Member

2. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

Two versions, one with same blue colour background as default theme in logo area, other uses transparent background. Nothing special!

logo.png

logo-transparent.png

This one is lighter

logo-1.png

Different font used, last one is transparent

logo-2.png

logo-3.png

Matthew2D likes this.
  3. Matthew2D

Matthew2D Active Member

Looks awesome! Thank you! :)

Edit: can you make the blue transparent in the second font? Thanks

4. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

Done, updated first post

5. Matthew2D

Matthew2D Active Member

Can you make it just a little bigger?

6. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

Sorry mate, it was just something I did fast to help you out, but I've now closed photoshop without saving any PSD of it, I've deleted all image files from PC as well now. I've just downloaded and increased image size as a whole to 50px large, but it may have lost some quality definition doing it that way, just try it and see.

logo.png

7. Matthew2D

Matthew2D Active Member

I don't like it since it the quality definition is gone.

8. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

Tell me what size you talking about "height wise" and the colour of the background it's being blended in with? I see no url listed to visit and take a look at? I'll do one last one for you with transparent background, but need that information otherwise I'm guessing and your saying you want another.

Is this the forum: http://gamefeint.com/forums/

9. Matthew2D

Matthew2D Active Member

10. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Good luck to you. I think this is a little too late to bank on a niche like Mass Effect 3. If I were you, I would have launched ME3Board months ago.

Why? Earlier is always better for niches like Mass Effect 3, or Call of Duty, or Battlefield. And you missed the boat on the controversy surrounding the ME3 ending. That would push activity on your forums a lot faster than launching it right now.

Trust me on this one, because I launched similar to you; I launched MW2Forums/MW2Boards later in MW2's lifecycle.

The other thing I'd like for you to understand is that "Board" or "Boards" aren't keyword heavy.

So, you have to target the google search engines squarely on the [Mass Effect] keywords alone.

You will have to spend a lot of time making threads, picking out subjects that interest not just you, but also your members. And you WILL have to do some heavy marketing in order for that site to succeed. It will take a lot of hard work.

11. Matthew2D

Matthew2D Active Member

There arn't any me3 forums out there besides the official one.

12. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

That will be your other challenge. Because your site is going to be the only Mass Effect [3]-Focused site on the internet. You will be struggling to make your site popular, rather than the niche being "easy" to attract.

BTW, when I searched me3forum.com and it redirects to a justhost site. me3forums.com however is in redemption period. Watch it.

MVC3Forum was the only Marvel Vs Capcom 3 forum on the internet, but that was a challenge in itself. The forum dies off by the time the players "has left the building."

13. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

Try this. By the way, when I click your link I'm being directed to install your forum page now?

logo.png

This one uses less drop shadow.

logo-1.png

And less again.

logo-2.png

Attached Files:

14. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I think that looks cleaner. :)

15. Matthew2D

Matthew2D Active Member

Yeah, I accdently deleted the library folder but I put everything back.

16. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

Been looking at the logo then, try this last one with less darker drop shadow, see if you like it better, I've also done a few other versions updated in previous post and included PSD. That's me done! :)

logo-4.png

17. Matthew2D

Matthew2D Active Member

18. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Actually, I like where "Board" currently is.

19. mrGTB

mrGTB Well-Known Member

Sorry, I've attached the PSD above on purpose you can use to do any further edits with the image, or get another person to do it for you with photoshop installed.

CapnLuffy likes this.
  20. Matthew2D

Matthew2D Active Member

Don't have $700 for photoshop. Doubt my parents would buy it for me.