Implemented Move the 'Mark All Forums Read' Link

vord

Or at least put an "are you sure" confirmation after you click. I've done it twice now by accident and it's becoming annoying.

Also the text is a bit small at the top there. I feel I should be clicking something up there but get it wrong sometimes.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Heh, I did this by accident as well. I scrolled the page, tried to click a thread title, but my browser was having a bad day and scrolled some more just as I was clicking and I hit the "mark all forums read" link. Kinda bothered me, but it's not the end of the world either. I don't know that adding a confirmation to it would be good, that would get kinda annoying in it's own right.

I agree. I've already hit 'Mark read' instead of 'What's new?' at least once. Clumsy I know but I suspect I'm not the only one.

hehe, everyone keeps hitting that button :) what are you all expecting to hit?

I was hoping to go somewhere useful or fun. I was bored where I was. I didn't read the link text and I'll probably stop doing it when I learn the software, but the intention of this software seems to be that it doesn't need learning - so trust issues there :D

People click randomly all over the place on the internet. At least I do that.

Wants to be hidden away in some drop down thing or at the bottom in my view - it's not a normal thing that members want to do.

with the pace of posts on here I am using it more and more, but I have hit it a few times by mistake

Same here, I normally hit it when I am trying to click what's new... and instead foolishly mark everything as read... I vote for a re-order.

No clue why this hasn't been moved yet...I asked the same thing on day 1 and have seen others ask as well...Nevertheless, the link is still first, and I've hit it on accident many times.

No clue why this hasn't been moved yet...I asked the same thing on day 1 and have seen others ask as well...Nevertheless, the link is still first, and I've hit it on accident many times.

They are busy and in all fairness it looks more balanced the way that it is compared to any other layout... Though I do agree it does need work... I use the What's New a lot and on my site would possibly even go as far as making it an tab of it's own to make it more prominent.

Because it's getting a confirmation system, as well as a few other things. Aside from various other things being done, this system has a few pre-reqs that need to be improved.

Because it's getting a confirmation system, as well as a few other things. Aside from various other things being done, this system has a few pre-reqs that need to be improved.

If you're fancying it up, that makes sense. I'm not convinced that a confirmation dialog is the right answer though. The link should be located in a place that doesn't warrant confirmation. Right now it needs one because it's so easy to mistakingly click. If you put it somewhere that was a little more difficult to click, then a confirmation dialog would not be necessary. The "Mark All Read" link is far away from hotspots in all other forum software I've seen. Not sure why it's the #1 link here...

Hard to click, hard to find?

It's a powerful, unreversable function. It really could use a confirmation for that reason alone.

All I know is I've been using forums for 10 years now and have never had a problem accidentally clicking that link

Also never had to deal with a pesky confirmation when I did want to click it ;)

If you can eliminate the chance of someone executing something that is irrevisible by adding a confirmation, then it should be added. :)

Top Bottom