Implemented Move the 'Mark All Forums Read' Link

vord

Or at least put an "are you sure" confirmation after you click. I've done it twice now by accident and it's becoming annoying.

Also the text is a bit small at the top there. I feel I should be clicking something up there but get it wrong sometimes.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I've had no problems with it, and I use it everytime I'm done reading the threads I actually want to read, and ignoring the ones I don't (Test forum ones mainly).

I have never clicked on it by accident, i always notice it so never had any problems with it. It's just a link, shouldn't be too hard to change if you want to change it.

I think you should remove the confirmation box so those people silly enough to press links without reading them get punished for it. As it stands, you're just adding mouse clicks to those users who actually read :)

not sure of what is the benefit of "marking all forums read" at all ?

I use it after checking all my alerts and reading anything interesting from what's new. I don't care about everything else so I just mark it as read so what's you stays a bit more clean.

I am glad it is there, I kept clicking on it, ugh!
But I can also imagine people who use it frequently dislike the extra click.

Thank you for moving it!

Not a huge fan of the confirmation dialog, but since I don't really use the link that much anyways, it doesn't bother me.

Would it be better if it were:

What's new? | Your watched threads | Mark all forums read

NO... :p

This is actually driving me bonkers, many find that clicking on the buttons closer to the center of the screen quicker and easier than the buttons towards the left. Personally, with a touch pad instead of a mouse, buttons closer to the center of the page are by far more easier to get to.

Anyway, just wanted to point out the other side. I really don't think any major consensus will be reached on this issue.

This is actually driving me bonkers, many find that clicking on the buttons closer to the center of the screen quicker and easier than the buttons towards the left. Personally, with a touch pad instead of a mouse, buttons closer to the center of the page are by far more easier to get to.

Anyway, just wanted to point out the other side. I really don't think any major consensus will be reached on this issue.

Yeah, as Mike said elsewhere, I don't think we're going to reach a clear consensus on this.

It will be impossible to make everyone happy with regards to the order of menu and navbar items.
Ultimately it will come down to what items you click on most often and what you consider important.

It should be relatively easy to edit the templates to move stuff around though.

It will be impossible to make everyone happy with regards to the order of menu and navbar items.
Ultimately it will come down to what items you click on most often and what you consider important.

It should be relatively easy to edit the templates to move stuff around though.

My concern was the same people going to multiple XF sites which cover similar subjects, and having the Watched Topics and Mark As Read buttons swapped on them, 2 very different functions that would frustrate the users. My solution will be to move the Mark As Read button well away from the New Posts and Watched topics buttons completely, which at least for our site should eliminate the issue.

Peggy and I are in your camp - important buttons to the center FTW.

Please nooooooooooooo!

I like it as it is now :(

Still, hopefully it isn't too difficult for site owners to customise all the menus.

Top Bottom