Not a bug Mark Forums Read in Watched Threads view - marks ALL forums read not just the watched threads

CTXMedia

From here - http://xenforo.com/community/watched/threads - I still have Mark Forums Read in the navigation bar and clicking it and saying 'Yes' marks all forums as read.

Whilst this might be expected behaviour of the button, within the forums view it only usually applies to the threads in view, and so people may expect it to only mark the Watched threads as read since that is what is in view.

Perhaps disable the Mark Forums Read button when not in an actual forum?

The link in the nav bar always does all threads.

The link on the New Posts page on the right only does the threads fetched for that search.

Sure, but what I thought was inconsistent was that it marked the entire board as read instead of just the threads in the 'watched' view.

When you're on the home page viewing all forums it marks all of them read.
When you're inside of a forum it marks only the threads in that forum read.
When you're in the Watched Threads view I'd expect it to mark only the watched threads as read.

Only marking the threads in view would be inconsistent with how that link works everywhere else, other than when in a forum.

Within a forum is a special case as there is the option for either.

Paul, I think he's expecting that option there as well (mark watched threads read - all watched threads; not the full forum).

I would class this a suggestion, more than a bug report.

Yeah, this would be suggestion if anything - the in forum behavior is the only special case.

Perhaps disable the Mark Forums Read button when not in an actual forum?
Good idea.

mark.forums.read.times.two.webp

While on this topic.
The link in the nav bar always does all threads.
The link on the New Posts page on the right only does the threads fetched for that search.
If that is the case, the Mark Forums Read should be "Mark Threads Read".

I wonder how many people actually mark each forum read.

Top Bottom