[MODM] AjaxChat integration for XenForo

[MODM] AjaxChat integration for XenForo beta 2a

No permission to download
Excellent - I've been hoping for this chat to be integrated with XF. I'll be keeping my eye on this one :).

Thanks for working on it! :)

Messages disappearing from chat when I hit "submit" button.
BUT all my written messages exists in database MySQL. o_O
But I can't see them in chat window. :mad:
What I'm do wrong? (n)

I'm used firefox 19.0.2 and Opera 12.12 bld1738

P.S. I'm find error.... IF choose russian language - letters can't see.
When set language English in chat box - I've can see both text: russian & english...

I'm checked something now. Chat correctly work ONLY IF choosen ENGLISH language. :) :) :)
If not, then periodically appear messages like this:
Code:
ChatBot: Error: Connection to socket server failed (Flash Security Error).
And
Code:
Error: Connection timeout. Please try again.

Anyway, THANK YOU SO MUCH for this wonderful chat! I believe you make his more more better.:)

When I go to the 'install' page, I get:
"Query: DROP TABLE IF EXISTS ajax_chat_online; Error-Report: Error-Code:"

BTW, if you want me to look into your issues, I'll need your config.php file and a screenshot of your AdminCP Ajax-chat options (do not forget to mask your db credentials).

Thanks resonansER. I see you enabled the socket server. Did you follow all the steps in the readme page? /chat/readme.html#socket ?
Since Flash 9.0.115.0 and all Flash 10 versions, permissions for creating sockets using Flash have changed.
Now an explicit permission (using xml-syntax) is required for creating socket connections.
In the current state, socket server won't work with the newest Flash versions.
You will get a "Flash security error" in the browser.

Also, I see there is no database info on your screenshot. Did you juste erase it or is it the real state of your options?

Also, I see there is no database info on your screenshot. Did you juste erase it or is it the real state of your options?

:cool: Of Course I delete all private data.

And i misunderstood one thing about new flash installation. This is I'll do on my own server-side?
If you talk about my client machine from which i connected to chat that i've flash 11.6.602.180 version installed.

excuse me for my terrible english. :whistle:

Alright, I've tried resolving it myself, just can't seem to work it out.
(Error from install file: Query: DROP TABLE IF EXISTS ajax_chat_online; Error-Report: Error-Code:)

I've attached a screenshot of my 'Options'.
options.webp
I removed the Host/User/Password/DBName.

Note: I'm connecting to a separate database using the LAN IP for the database server.
My forum is configured in this manner, so I wouldn't imagine that's the issue.

(Also, I manually added the SQL tables to my secondary database that I'd like to run the chat off from).

Just to clarify, I followed the steps from the main download page:
- Upload files and directories from the upload folder to your XenForo's root directory
- Copy chat/lib/config.php.example to chat/lib/config.php. Do not modify for now.
- Install the add-on using the file library/MODM/AJAXChat/addon-modm_ajaxchat.xml
- Go to AdminCP > Options > AJAX-Chat Options, configure database options and save.
- In your web browser, go to http://XF_ROOT/chat/install.php (replace XF_ROOT with the root of your XenForo installation)
- For additional configuration, edit chat/lib/config.php and the AJAX-Chat Options page in AdminCP.

My installation process failed on the 'install.php' step.
That's when I manually added the tables to my database, then installed the XenPorta block.
However, if I try to use the XenPorta block, it's blank, nothing appears.

:cool: Of Course I delete all private data.

And i misunderstood one thing about new flash installation. This is I'll do on my own server-side?
If you talk about my client machine from which i connected to chat that i've flash 11.6.602.180 version installed.

excuse me for my terrible english. :whistle:
First thing first, did you try without enabling socket server? Else, you need to run a ruby script server side, yes. Also, for the socket server to work with newer version of flash, you need to install a policy-file, still server-side. Follow the instructions on AJAX-Chat wiki https://github.com/Frug/AJAX-Chat/wiki/Socket-server
But still, please, try this add-on first without socket server enabled in order to find out whether the issue lies in my plugin or in your configuration.

Alright, I've tried resolving it myself, just can't seem to work it out.
(Error from install file: Query: DROP TABLE IF EXISTS ajax_chat_online; Error-Report: Error-Code:)

I've attached a screenshot of my 'Options'.
View attachment 43384
I removed the Host/User/Password/DBName.

Note: I'm connecting to a separate database using the LAN IP for the database server.
My forum is configured in this manner, so I wouldn't imagine that's the issue.

(Also, I manually added the SQL tables to my secondary database that I'd like to run the chat off from).

Just to clarify, I followed the steps from the main download page:
- Upload files and directories from the upload folder to your XenForo's root directory
- Copy chat/lib/config.php.example to chat/lib/config.php. Do not modify for now.
- Install the add-on using the file library/MODM/AJAXChat/addon-modm_ajaxchat.xml
- Go to AdminCP > Options > AJAX-Chat Options, configure database options and save.
- In your web browser, go to http://XF_ROOT/chat/install.php (replace XF_ROOT with the root of your XenForo installation)
- For additional configuration, edit chat/lib/config.php and the AJAX-Chat Options page in AdminCP.

My installation process failed on the 'install.php' step.
That's when I manually added the tables to my database, then installed the XenPorta block.
However, if I try to use the XenPorta block, it's blank, nothing appears.
Thanks. The XenPorta add-on will not show if you do not set the "view chat content" permissions in AdminCP > Users > User groups permissions. Did you try accessing yourdomain.com/chat/ ? Does this show any error message?
If it does not work, I would recommend to drop the tables, re-upload the files, and redo the install steps. I've seen this error reported elsewhere for AJAX-Chat MyBB installs, whithout a clue about the way (if one) to fix it. :/

Now I'm turn OFF socket:

And whole day no errors.
did you change chat language at all whille in the chat? if so i did it myself and that got my messages stop coming and then i got timedout message but when i re-picked language again second time then it fixed the issue and then messages worked again and no more timedout message :) so all you gota do is pick etc english then english again after re-connect that should fix the message being invisible or not showing and time out error :)

Jake Sully, exactly, i've got invisible letters in chat when trying change language.
I write about it in this thread above. What is the bug? I don't know. Why it happend? Let's try asking ManOnDaMoon. :) :) :)

Top Bottom