[MODM] AjaxChat integration for XenForo

[MODM] AjaxChat integration for XenForo beta 2a

No permission to download
Jake Sully, exactly, i've got invisible letters in chat when trying change language.
I write about it in this thread above. What is the bug? I don't know. Why it happend? Let's try asking ManOnDaMoon. :) :) :)
I confirm I can reproduce. I'll check whether this is an issue with AJAX-Chat or in my implementation.

ManOnDaMoon updated [MODM] AjaxChat integration for XenForo with a new update entry:

Bug fixes

In this update:
  • Fixed XenPorta & WidgetFramework blocks (CSS issues and display improvements)
  • Fixed a bug with language files.

To update your existing installation:
- Copy the archive content over existing files
- Install library/MODM/AJAXChat/addon-modm_ajaxchat.xml

You will have to import XenPorta blocks again.

No need to import French language again.

Thank you for testing this add-on and reporting the bugs you encounter. By doing so...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is there a way to disable the disclaimer and automatically log in to chat or show the chat embedded into the page?

There is the shoutbox that is integrated within a page and that I am going to enhance with channel list and maybe other features. The real web chat window may only be integrated via an iframe. I'll post an example because it has been asked before. In case it bothers you, the disclaimer is a phrase you can customize.

There is the shoutbox that is integrated within a page and that I am going to enhance with channel list and maybe other features. The real web chat window may only be integrated via an iframe. I'll post an example because it has been asked before. In case it bothers you, the disclaimer is a phrase you can customize.
I have this installed on my forum but I am the only one able to log in. My members keep getting "Invalid Username" when they try logging on.

I've even created a fake new member account and was able to log on with no issue but no one else seems to be able to log on.

Did you upgrade from a previous version, or did you install alpha4 directly?
In case you came from an earlier version, try to make your users empty their cache (or spam Ctrl+F5 on the chat page). That would explain why you are able to log in with a standard account... Eventually, try reuploading the files.

If the emptied cache does not resolve anything, then I'll need your config file and screenshot of your options page (do not forget to mask your DB credentials) in order to find the issue.

Did you upgrade from a previous version, or did you install alpha4 directly?
In case you came from an earlier version, try to make your users empty their cache (or spam Ctrl+F5 on the chat page). That would explain why you are able to log in with a standard account... Eventually, try reuploading the files.

If the emptied cache does not resolve anything, then I'll need your config file and screenshot of your options page (do not forget to mask your DB credentials) in order to find the issue.

I uploaded it directly.

ManOnDaMoon updated [MODM] AjaxChat integration for XenForo with a new update entry:

New options & new functions

In this update:
  • Added a complete set of userful options
  • Added shoutbox functions: delete/report message handling within shoutbox, window/tab title blink on new message...
  • Added shoutbox controls: channel select, toggle sounds, toggle autoscroll
  • Fixed display bugs in widgets and XenPorta blocks

To update your existing installation:
- Copy the archive content over existing files
- Install library/MODM/AJAXChat/addon-modm_ajaxchat.xml

Read the rest of this update entry...

Known issues:
- The Logout button on the shoutbox page might not work properly depending on your friendly URLs settings.
- XenPorta block can cause some unwanted logout redirects.

Thanks for working on this :)

I tried to install it today and followed all of the steps, but when I get to the stage when I need to visit the options page in the admin panel, I get this error:

Code:
An exception occurred: mysqli::mysqli(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:\urlsnip\chat\lib\class\AJAXChatMySQLiDataBase.php on line 29
1.    XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
2.    mysqli->mysqli() in C:/urlsnip/chat/lib/class/AJAXChatMySQLiDataBase.php at line 29
3.    AJAXChatDataBaseMySQLi->connect() in C:/urlsnip/chat/lib/class/AJAXChatDataBase.php at line 35
4.    AJAXChatDataBase->connect() in C:/urlsnip/chat/lib/class/AJAXChat.php at line 107
5.    AJAXChat->initDataBaseConnection() in C:/urlsnip/chat/lib/class/CustomAJAXChatInterface.php at line 17
6.    CustomAJAXChatInterface->initialize() in C:/urlsnip/chat/lib/class/AJAXChat.php at line 28
7.    AJAXChat->AJAXChat() in MODM/AJAXChat/Model/Chat.php at line 33
8.    MODM_AjaxChat_Model_Chat->__construct() in XenForo/Model.php at line 195
9.    XenForo_Model::create() in MODM/AJAXChat/Option/WeekDayChooser.php at line 13
10.    MODM_AJAXChat_Option_WeekDayChooser::getOpeningDaysOptions() in MODM/AJAXChat/Option/WeekDayChooser.php at line 62
11.    MODM_AJAXChat_Option_WeekDayChooser::_render() in MODM/AJAXChat/Option/WeekDayChooser.php at line 7
12.    MODM_AJAXChat_Option_WeekDayChooser::renderSelect()
13.    call_user_func() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 327
14.    XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::_renderCallbackOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 71
15.    XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 33
16.    XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionsHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Option/ListOptions.php at line 30
17.    XenForo_ViewAdmin_Option_ListOptions->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 217
18.    XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 63
19.    XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
20.    XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
21.    XenForo_FrontController->run() in C:/urlsnip/admin.php at line 13

Thanks for the report. I can see what's wrong and I'll release an alpha6 update very shortly to fix this + the known issues.

Thanks for working on this :)

I tried to install it today and followed all of the steps, but when I get to the stage when I need to visit the options page in the admin panel, I get this error:

Code:
An exception occurred: mysqli::mysqli(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\freshwaterforums.com\httpdocs\chat\lib\class\AJAXChatMySQLiDataBase.php on line 29

You don't access to your MySql db. This is error NOT from this beautiful chat. ;) Please, check your password and db name. Or you may NOT access remotely to your database.

You don't access to your MySql db. This is error NOT from this beautiful chat. ;) Please, check your password and db name. Or you may NOT access remotely to your database.

The problem is I can't get to the options page to save the database details in the first place (step: "Go to AdminCP > Options > AJAX-Chat Options, configure database options and save."). I've tried manually editing the config.php file with the correct DB values, but that doesn't help.

Top Bottom