[MODM] AjaxChat integration for XenForo

[MODM] AjaxChat integration for XenForo beta 2a

No permission to download
I'll have a look, this sounds feasible. :)

If you're talking about the look, you can edit chat/css/XenForo.css in order to try and get the same look. Tabbed channels, however, are not available in AJAX-Chat. It's a feature that has been requested, but I'm only working on the integration of the software with XenForo, not the core functionnalities.
i see but can't you do some touch up on the ajax chat so it makes more featured? so it has skin like 1 on picture and much more? so it gets better?

i know but it would be nice to have few more that is included for xenforo version :) since i dont really code css, html, or php or so thats why i tought of asking you to add more to it :)
I highly doubt that would happen anytime soon, seeing as this is alpha and focus would / should be on features rather than looks.... I would suggest you try your self or hire someone to do customization for you if you need that.

okay for some reason my ajax chat just shows a red status icon once i send a message then it goes yellow then green again and message never shows up :( whats wrong?

Note: i followed the steps but once i enter the chat it says i have entered the channel then when i type a message and sends it away it throws an error at me saying the connection has timedout and so and then it keeps making sending noise all time :(

Note2: as setup guide says that it edits config.php in lib folder when you edit changes in admincp for addon well thats not correct since it does not touch config.php at all, because i checked the config.php everything is as it was by default the database connection info was set to user: root password: database:chat but inside admincp it has totally difirent settings than it has in config.php

Note3: another issue is that when i view with chrome it just throws timeout error once isend a message but once i use IE it works fine it loads stuff correctely and no error :/ and 2nd issue is my members keept getting username page question when it doesent directely log them in like it should :( so please fix these problems asap since it's so disturbing and annoying.

Been waiting for this for some time now ;) great addon!!

Every time I make a change to the config.php file and save the file it then stops working, if I upload the original saved file then it works fine, any ideas?

Struggling with one aspect, Admins and Moderators can log in fine to the chat room, but other groups cannot even when the User Permissions are set correctly? Just says Invalid Username, any ideas? Thanks

Note2: as setup guide says that it edits config.php in lib folder when you edit changes in admincp for addon well thats not correct since it does not touch config.php at all, because i checked the config.php everything is as it was by default the database connection info was set to user: root password: database:chat but inside admincp it has totally difirent settings than it has in config.php
That is why, in the Ajax-Chat Options page, it is stated "These options will overwrite those you enter in the config.php file in AJAX-Chat directory.". EDIT: Override would be more correct.

Note3: another issue is that when i view with chrome it just throws timeout error once isend a message but once i use IE it works fine it loads stuff correctely and no error :/ and 2nd issue is my members keept getting username page question when it doesent directely log them in like it should :( so please fix these problems asap since it's so disturbing and annoying.

The disturbing and annoying aspects are all part of the fun of an alpha version. If you want a stable version, please wait for it to be released. In the meantime, you'll have to provide me further information about the bugs you encounter.

Timeout error : Does it still happen after you clear your cache in Chrome? Is there any error message in the Javascript console?
Auto login: what is the value of the forceAutoLogin option in config.php?
Please provide a screenshot of your options and copy/paste you config.php file here if you want me to help.

If I edit the file via CPANEL then it works! Might be something to do with the encoding!
It may be, yes. My objective is to deport most of the config.php options into AdminCP. Once I managed to do so, hopefuly this issue won't happen again.
Struggling with one aspect, Admins and Moderators can log in fine to the chat room, but other groups cannot even when the User Permissions are set correctly? Just says Invalid Username, any ideas? Thanks
Members permissions: could you provide screenshots of 1) the permissions you set, group by group? 2) your options and config.php file?

See attached! Many thanks.
1) There's an issue with your configuration.
PHP:
// Default channelName used together with the defaultChannelID if no channel with this ID exists:

$config['defaultChannelName'] = 'Aquascaping';

// ChannelID used when no channel is given:

$config['defaultChannelID'] = 0;

// Defines an array of channelIDs (e.g. array(0, 1)) to limit the number of available channels, will be ignored if set to null:

$config['limitChannelList'] = array(0);
These lines, especially the last one, limit the channels users can access by selecting a set of channels' IDs. You set it to 0, leaving only the channel with ID 0. There is no channel with ID 0, because a channels' ID is the actual node ID of your corresponding forum/category. I suggest you leave the limitChannelList option to null.
PHP:
$config['limitChannelList'] = null;
If you really don't want your users to create their own private channels (that is what I believe this option is for), please wait for me to include it into adminCP.

2) Now, for your permissions issue, I need the permissions of all groups, not only one because the problematic permissions may be inherited from another group. E.g.: I need to see whether you set it to "Never" somewhere.

Many thanks, I noticed the channel issue this morning and sorted that out, thanks for pointing it out, the groups are all set the same, like the image above, only Admin and Mod groups have the extra moderation actions enabled. Did not use Never anywhere, Thanks

Many thanks, I noticed the channel issue this morning and sorted that out, thanks for pointing it out, the groups are all set the same, like the image above, only Admin and Mod groups have the extra moderation actions enabled. Did not use Never anywhere, Thanks
Even for the Unregistered group? Be careful, guest users cannot have the 'Access chat as full users' permission set to Allow. This is for the Registered group only because this will look for their user ID. If you want guests allowed in your chat, use the 'Access chat as guest users' permission for this group instead.

I'll check if I'm able to reproduce this.

ManOnDaMoon updated [MODM] AjaxChat integration for XenForo with a new update entry:

Bug fix and new options

In this update:
  • Fixed a lost permission test that kicked out standard users if not in debug mode - Sorry for this!
  • Added option to strictly limit channels to the nodes selected in AdminCP Options.
  • Added options to enable/disable private channels and messages.
  • Added option to show/hide chatBot standard messages.

To update your existing installation:
- Copy the archive content over existing files
- Install [font=courier...[/quote]

Read the rest of this update entry...

What would be good is on the menu where it says Chat to have after it in ( ) the number of users online.
Also on the Widget in the Sidebar if you have Guest disabled, can we get rid of the "guests: 0" text.

Thanks the latest fix made everything work :) is it possible to disable or hide the style and language box? so english is always default and style is same :) also i agree about like on my 2 pictures i posted before that has channel name then next to it the total online users in that chatroom/channel, that would be nice to have.

What would be good is on the menu where it says Chat to have after it in ( ) the number of users online.
I'll see whether I can cache this somewhere, else this would add 1 query to each and every page of your xenForo site.
Also on the Widget in the Sidebar if you have Guest disabled, can we get rid of the "guests: 0" text.
Pretty easy and clever. I'll add this in next version.

Thanks the latest fix made everything work :) is it possible to disable or hide the style and language box? so english is always default and style is same :) also i agree about like on my 2 pictures i posted before that has channel name then next to it the total online users in that chatroom/channel, that would be nice to have.
Unlike the information that my addon dispays on your xenForo site, these are informations displayed by AJAX-Chat software. These modifications are feasible, but would probably impact the software core, thus turning future updates into a heavy and painful mess.
Once more stable, maybe we can start a separate resource with heavy modifications. Until then, this add-on focuses on integration of the existing software, but keeps away from modifying the core features.

I'll see whether I can cache this somewhere, else this would add 1 query to each and every page of your xenForo site.

Pretty easy and clever. I'll add this in next version.

Unlike the information that my addon dispays on your xenForo site, these are informations displayed by AJAX-Chat software. These modifications are feasible, but would probably impact the software core, thus turning future updates into a heavy and painful mess.
Once more stable, maybe we can start a separate resource with heavy modifications. Until then, this add-on focuses on integration of the existing software, but keeps away from modifying the core features.
ok well i do hope you do start a project on doing nice custom edits to whole ajax chat since main coder of it sorta dont update it anymore, so i bet he would not mind of you improving the whole ajax chat in future after you got integrate one for xenforo stable :)

Top Bottom