• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
[MODM] AjaxChat integration for XenForo

[MODM] AjaxChat integration for XenForo beta 2a

No permission to download

ManOnDaMoon

ManOnDaMoon submitted a new resource:

[MODM] AjaxChat integration for XenForo (version alpha1) - A javascript+PHP+MySQL web chat, now integrated with XenForo.

This is the integration version of AJAX-Chat specific for XenForo.

Disclaimer: The current version alpha 1 is still in development and has bugs. Handle with care!

I will update the documentation in the coming days. Demo will be available soon on Kosminea.

1. Features list
    - AjaxChat bridge with XenForo
    - Permissions for viewing chat elements, logging into chat as user or registered, sending...
Read more about this resource...

faeronsayn

This is looking like a great chatroom. Possible to put this chatbox in the sidebar and such? If so, what template edits would we require?

ManOnDaMoon

No template edits required if you use Widget Framework or XenPorta. Otherwise, there is data to load and it needs a more complex manipulation than just a template edit.

Matthew Hawley

And I changed fr to en in the config.php and it resulted in this above the chatbox.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/mcwh/public_html/letspwn.com/chat/lib/config.php:1) in/home/mcwh/public_html/something/chat/lib/class/AJAXChat.php on line 2479

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mcwh/public_html/letspwn.com/chat/lib/config.php:1) in/home/mcwh/public_html/something/chat/lib/class/AJAXChatHTTPHeader.php on line 36

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mcwh/public_html/letspwn.com/chat/lib/config.php:1) in/home/mcwh/public_html/something/chat/lib/class/AJAXChatHTTPHeader.php on line 37

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mcwh/public_html/letspwn.com/chat/lib/config.php:1) in/home/mcwh/public_html/somethng/chat/lib/class/AJAXChatHTTPHeader.php on line 41

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mcwh/public_html/letspwn.com/chat/lib/config.php:1) in/home/mcwh/public_html/something/chat/lib/class/AJAXChatHTTPHeader.php on line 45s

ManOnDaMoon

Disregard the included config.php file. Just follow the installation instructions.
I get an error when accessing the chatbox.

TypeError: Object #<HTMLObjectElement> has no method 'create'

Also this is in french. I want it in english.
I'll look into it.

The add-on is translated in english. If you find french phrases unstranslated, I want you to show me where they are. You can also help correcting any grammatical mistake I may have made, if you mind.
What about performance? Can this be installed on shared hosting?
Good question. I use it on shared hosting but with very limited number of users.

Matthew Hawley

Disregard the included config.php file. Just follow the installation instructions.

I'll look into it.

The add-on is translated in english. If you find french phrases unstranslated, I want you to show me where they are. You can also help correcting any grammatical mistake I may have made, if you mind.

Good question. I use it on sherd hosting but with very limited number of users.
The whole thing was in french. it say the default language was french.

ManOnDaMoon

The whole thing was in french. it say the default language was french.
From config.php.example :
PHP:
// Default language:
$config['langDefault'] = 'en';
From this add-on description :
Install
- Download the resource
- Upload files and directories from the upload folder to your XenForo's root directory
- Copy chat/lib/config.php.example to chat/lib/config.php. Do not modify for now.
Please follow the instructions carefully.

EDIT : Or learn french :D You choose!

0xym0r0n

I think I did something wrong.

Shoutbox works, but chat does not

Got this error and nothing else
The controller MODM_AJAXChat_ControllerPublic_Chat does not define an action called Index.

ManOnDaMoon

I think I did something wrong.

Shoutbox works, but chat does not

Got this error and nothing else
The controller MODM_AJAXChat_ControllerPublic_Chat does not define an action called Index.
I'll look into it, but I'm not sure why I am able to access the contents of the chat directory and you're not. Could you check the permissions on the chat folder?

EDIT: To be honest, I prefer that you are able to fire the Index action, as I have never been able to and that was very disturbing.