1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[MODM] AjaxChat integration for XenForo beta 2a

A javascript+PHP+MySQL web chat, now integrated with XenForo.

1. ManOnDaMoon

ManOnDaMoon Well-Known Member

ManOnDaMoon submitted a new resource:

[MODM] AjaxChat integration for XenForo (version alpha1) - A javascript+PHP+MySQL web chat, now integrated with XenForo.

Read more about this resource...

2. faeronsayn

faeronsayn Well-Known Member

This is looking like a great chatroom. Possible to put this chatbox in the sidebar and such? If so, what template edits would we require?

3. ManOnDaMoon

No template edits required if you use Widget Framework or XenPorta. Otherwise, there is data to load and it needs a more complex manipulation than just a template edit.

4. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

I get an error when accessing the chatbox.

TypeError: Object #<HTMLObjectElement> has no method 'create'

Also this is in french. I want it in english.

5. Matthew Hawley

And I changed fr to en in the config.php and it resulted in this above the chatbox.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/mcwh/public_html/letspwn.com/chat/lib/config.php:1) in/home/mcwh/public_html/something/chat/lib/class/AJAXChat.php on line 2479

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mcwh/public_html/letspwn.com/chat/lib/config.php:1) in/home/mcwh/public_html/something/chat/lib/class/AJAXChatHTTPHeader.php on line 36

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mcwh/public_html/letspwn.com/chat/lib/config.php:1) in/home/mcwh/public_html/something/chat/lib/class/AJAXChatHTTPHeader.php on line 37

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mcwh/public_html/letspwn.com/chat/lib/config.php:1) in/home/mcwh/public_html/somethng/chat/lib/class/AJAXChatHTTPHeader.php on line 41

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mcwh/public_html/letspwn.com/chat/lib/config.php:1) in/home/mcwh/public_html/something/chat/lib/class/AJAXChatHTTPHeader.php on line 45s

6. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

What about performance? Can this be installed on shared hosting?

RoldanLT likes this.
  7. ManOnDaMoon

Disregard the included config.php file. Just follow the installation instructions.
    I'll look into it.

The add-on is translated in english. If you find french phrases unstranslated, I want you to show me where they are. You can also help correcting any grammatical mistake I may have made, if you mind.
    Good question. I use it on shared hosting but with very limited number of users.

8. 0xym0r0n

0xym0r0n Well-Known Member

I'm testing it out. I'll let you know if my site goes up in flames ;)
    I'm soooo happy you released this!

9. Matthew Hawley

The whole thing was in french. it say the default language was french.

10. ManOnDaMoon

11. ManOnDaMoon

From config.php.example :
    PHP:
    // Default language:
    $config['langDefault'] = 'en';
    From this add-on description :
    Please follow the instructions carefully.

EDIT : Or learn french :D You choose!

Robert F Schmitz likes this.
  12. Matthew Hawley

It was still french

13. ManOnDaMoon

Do not forget to take screenshots of the fire! ;) Thanks in advance for letting me know of how it works out.

0xym0r0n likes this.
  14. ManOnDaMoon

Probably saved the previously used language in cookies. Anyway, changing from any language to another is easy as selecting it in a combo box.

15. 0xym0r0n

I think I did something wrong.

Shoutbox works, but chat does not

Got this error and nothing else
    The controller MODM_AJAXChat_ControllerPublic_Chat does not define an action called Index.

16. ManOnDaMoon

I'll look into it, but I'm not sure why I am able to access the contents of the chat directory and you're not. Could you check the permissions on the chat folder?

EDIT: To be honest, I prefer that you are able to fire the Index action, as I have never been able to and that was very disturbing.

0xym0r0n likes this.
  17. 0xym0r0n

18. Matthew Hawley

I fixed it. But I still get this error in a popup box

TypeError: Object #<HTMLObjectElement> has no method 'create'

19. ManOnDaMoon

Thank you. Should be OK. This needs more investigation.

0xym0r0n likes this.
  20. Autonamus

Autonamus Active Member

Got that too.

0xym0r0n likes this.