[MODM] AjaxChat integration for XenForo

[MODM] AjaxChat integration for XenForo beta 2a

No permission to download
Thanks. I'm looking into this but will probably not have an answer tonight. This is probably an issue with friendly URLs and URL rewriting. I'm using them too but I have never encountered this (logical) issue on any of my dev environments. I'll let you know when I find a solution.

Thanks. I'm looking into this but will probably not have an answer tonight. This is probably an issue with friendly URLs and URL rewriting. I'm using them too but I have never encountered this (logical) issue on any of my dev environments. I'll let you know when I find a solution.
I don't currently have them turned on. I will try it.

This is actually the problem. I turned them on and login works fine. so that should be a head start for you. Turn off the friendly URL and try and login to the chat
With you default configuration (friendly urls turned off), are you able to access yoursite.com/chat/ (not the same as yoursite.com/index.php?chat/)? If yes, then it is me misusing XF link builder. Easy to fix, hopefuly.

With you default configuration (friendly urls turned off), are you able to access yoursite.com/chat/ (not the same as yoursite.com/index.php?chat/)? If yes, then it is a misuse of XF link builder. Easy to fix, hopefuly.
Okay. to confirm. When it's off I can access /chat. The login link is /index.php?chat/

Could you explain further, please?
Basically only giving specific Forums as channels.

Insted of giving every forum a channel.

E.G.:

You have 5 forums 1,2,3,4 and 5 and you only want 2 and 5 to have channels. you choose those 2 from an option and it then only gives those ID's a channel.

If you do this, preferably with this kind of selection:
2013-03-22_09-08-45.webp
(image taken from XenAtendo)
so only General Talk, Other games and Gears of war have channels.

ManOnDaMoon updated [MODM] AjaxChat integration for XenForo with a new update entry:

Bugfixes and enhancements

Changes in this alpha2 version:
  • Fixed chat login link in chat/login.
  • Fixed chat logout redirect in the same way.
  • Fixed permissions in XenPorta & WidgetFramework modules.
  • Removed full forums/categories channels generation and added a list of nodes to select in AJAX-Chat Options.
  • Added some missing phrases.

To update your existing installation:
- Copy the archive content over existing files
- Install...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I would like to have the chatbox inside a page.
The only element you can have in a page is the shoutbox ATM. AJAX-Chat has its own template system not really compatible with XF, and if you're looking for the whole full-functionnality chatbox, it is only available outside (in a popup).

What you can do is modify the modm_ajaxchat_login template in order to include an <iframe> pointing to the chat directory.

could you add some nav button where it goes to chat and sorta make chat inetgrated into forum more so when you click chat it goes to chat with same design as forum theme or so :) instead of users have to write /chat to go to it and that it goes to full screen one or so.

Note: Nvm just found out that i had to assign rights to admin group so Chat link in nav would show up :)

Can we have the option of having the chatrooms displaying on the side of the chatbox.
I'll have a look, this sounds feasible. :)
is it possible to get something like this one?

View attachment 42474

View attachment 42475

would be nice to have something like that to :)
If you're talking about the look, you can edit chat/css/XenForo.css in order to try and get the same look. Tabbed channels, however, are not available in AJAX-Chat. It's a feature that has been requested, but I'm only working on the integration of the software with XenForo, not the core functionnalities.

I'll have a look, this sounds feasible. :)

If you're talking about the look, you can edit chat/css/XenForo.css in order to try and get the same look. Tabbed channels, however, are not available in AJAX-Chat. It's a feature that has been requested, but I'm only working on the integration of the software with XenForo, not the core functionnalities.

And I mean on the left side.

Top Bottom