[MODM] AjaxChat integration for XenForo

[MODM] AjaxChat integration for XenForo beta 2a

No permission to download
ManOnDaMoon updated [MODM] AjaxChat integration for XenForo with a new update entry:

Bugfixes and enhancements

In this update:
  • Fixed error encountered in ajaxchat-chat settings page when provided with wrong or empty database informations (esp. on new installations)
  • Fixed logout redirection, autostart and autofocus
  • Added overlay support for chat message reports

To update your existing installation:
- Copy the archive content over existing files
- Install library/MODM/AJAXChat/addon-modm_ajaxchat.xml
- Go to AdminCP > Options > AJAX-Chat...

Read the rest of this update entry...

In order to debug, I'll need more information. Which page: shoutbox, portal block? I also need your settings information (with masked database credentials) and the permissions you set for main user groups.

In order to debug, I'll need more information. Which page: shoutbox, portal block? I also need your settings information (with masked database credentials) and the permissions you set for main user groups.
The full sized chat at mydomain.com/chat

lKYi

All permissions have been set to allow for my user group.

And as for options:

lKXY

lKY6

No message I type appears in the chat.

Thanks for the DB screenshot. EDIT: Sorry, misread.

One more question: did you edit anything within the chat/lib/config.php file? Could you try with the unedited config.php.example file instead?

Thanks for the DB screenshot. EDIT: Sorry, misread.

One more question: did you edit anything within the chat/lib/config.php file? Could you try with the unedited config.php.example file instead?

I did not edit the config.php and just to make sure I reuploaded it.

Messages still do not appear.

Thanks for the quick update and your work on this, this is going to be a really popular addon once it's out of Alpha :D.

I uploaded the new version and re-installed the addon, however I get this message after editing the options page:

"Error-Report: Access denied for user 'dbuser'@'%' to database 'ajax_chat' Error-Code: 1044 "

I'm pretty sure the DB details are correct, however I can't go back to the options page to check as that error re-appears.

I did not edit the config.php and just to make sure I reuploaded it.

Messages still do not appear.

I cannot reproduce with the exact same settings. I'll look further into this, but this is probably a javascript bug. Can you check whether you have javascript errors in your browser's console?

Thanks for checking it out - there's no javascript errors in the console, it just appears as a plaintext error and doesn't render anything else.

Thanks for the quick update and your work on this, this is going to be a really popular addon once it's out of Alpha :D.

I uploaded the new version and re-installed the addon, however I get this message after editing the options page:

"Error-Report: Access denied for user 'dbuser'@'%' to database 'ajax_chat' Error-Code: 1044 "

I'm pretty sure the DB details are correct, however I can't go back to the options page to check as that error re-appears.
I would think that you misspelled something in your DB information, but it is not normal that you are unable to proceed back to the settings page. I would suggest that you uninstall and install again while I'm fixing this for next update.

This is fixed for next update.

I cannot reproduce with the exact same settings. I'll look further into this, but this is probably a javascript bug. Can you check whether you have javascript errors in your browser's console?

It seems to constnatly be trying to get the JS.

If it helps our js folder is served through a CDN. I remember another addon had the same problem with its JS and the author was able to fix it after I told him that.

It seems to constnatly be trying to get the JS.

If it helps our js folder is served through a CDN. I remember another addon had the same problem with its JS and the author was able to fix it after I told him that.
Thanks for the information. Do you know exactly which JS file is causing trouble, and the address it is trying to fetch it from? I'm not really comfortable with CDN, but AJAX-Chat JS files are not stored in the xenforo/js directory, but rather in xenforo/chat/js. Do you have the same issue with the shoutbox?

Thanks for the information. Do you know exactly which JS file is causing trouble, and the address it is trying to fetch it from? I'm not really comfortable with CDN, but AJAX-Chat JS files are not stored in the xenforo/js directory, but rather in xenforo/chat/js. Do you have the same issue with the shoutbox?

I cannot get the chat to work regardless of weather I use the little box or the full version.

This is an issue that I cannot reproduce without more info or access to a duplicate environment that has the same problem. Check the URL on which Ajax-chat tries to access the file, but I am able to access rpdom.com/chat/js/chat.js . So ATM I've got no clue of what's happening.

Do you know exactly which JS file is causing trouble, and the address it is trying to fetch it from?

This is an issue that I cannot reproduce without more info or access to a duplicate environment that has the same problem. Check the URL on which Ajax-chat tries to access the file, but I am able to access rpdom.com/chat/js/chat.js . So ATM I've got no clue of what's happening.

I seem to be getting the file fine now as well. Do you want me to try to reinstall it?

Please do so we can figure what's wrong either within my implementation or your configuration or both.

Everything has been successfully reinstalled and the directions have been following clearly, also allowed another staff member to do it again.

It successfully sends stuff to the database, but nothing can be visually seen on the chat.

Top Bottom