XF 1.4 Mod can't edit his own posts.

majesty95

I have no idea what is causing this but I have one mod that can't ever edit his own posts. I have the mod permission group set to allow editing of their own posts. I have his primary user group as registered and secondary as moderator. I also have him added to the mod list. I'm not sure if other mods can edit theirs or not but I have received no other complaints. I just don't understand why I have the permission set in the mod user group and yet he cannot edit his post. Any ideas/suggestions?

Did you use test permissions or analyze permissions? What is the result of Analyze permissions?

There is also no ticket submitted, so we are unable to look into it.

This is almost always down to permissions, though it can be down to an add-on that broke permission combination generation. With add-ons disabled, you should rebuild user caches to see if that fixes it.

If not, you should look at the permission analysis results for that user in that forum.

This is almost always down to permissions, though it can be down to an add-on that broke permission combination generation. With add-ons disabled, you should rebuild user caches to see if that fixes it.

If not, you should look at the permission analysis results for that user in that forum.
Managed to fix the issue, had to make sure that the usergroup that as causing the issue inherited the other usergroup perms

How do you get user groups to inherit other user group permissions?

make sure you have dots in the grey area for perms these are the inherit section,

new user > reg members > active member

make sure your new user group has the post perms set and then you alter any addition ones in the newer groups.

for example, your new user group can view posts only, then on you reg member group you would have inherit all perm selected (grey section) and you would click the allow user group to create threads perm (green section) that would allow the reg members to inherit the view threads from the new user group and gain the addition create thread from the reg members user group... does that make sense.

it is slightly confusing to start but it does make sense and works well

Last edited:
Top Bottom