1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Mod can't edit his own posts.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by majesty95, May 30, 2015.

1. majesty95

majesty95 Active Member

I have no idea what is causing this but I have one mod that can't ever edit his own posts. I have the mod permission group set to allow editing of their own posts. I have his primary user group as registered and secondary as moderator. I also have him added to the mod list. I'm not sure if other mods can edit theirs or not but I have received no other complaints. I just don't understand why I have the permission set in the mod user group and yet he cannot edit his post. Any ideas/suggestions?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Use the permissions analyzer to determine what the final value is and where it is being set.

3. majesty95

majesty95 Active Member

It says he's allowed to edit his own post (registered and moderator). I don't see anything preventing him from being able to do it...

4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Does he see the Edit link at all?

5. majesty95

majesty95 Active Member

No

6. majesty95

majesty95 Active Member

I just had another mod check and he does not see the edit option his posts either...

7. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

What is the Edit post by self permission set to for Registered and Moderators?

8. majesty95

majesty95 Active Member

Both are set to allow.

9. Brogan

What is the edit time set to?

Amaury likes this.
  10. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

If it's already set to Allow for Registered, then you can leave it at Not Set (No) for Moderators and it will inherit. That's probably not the cause, though.

Check out what Brogan mentioned above.

11. majesty95

majesty95 Active Member

15 on both

12. majesty95

majesty95 Active Member

I actually don't want registered to edit but changed it trying to solve the issue.

13. majesty95

majesty95 Active Member

@Brogan @Maru Anything? I'm lost as to why my permissions aren't allowing my mods to edit...

14. Brogan

If all of the permissions are correct then the only other thing it could be is some sort of corrupted permission cache.

Do you have any add-ons installed?
    Specifically any which deal with permissions?

15. majesty95

majesty95 Active Member

Edit bug.png

16. Zynektic

Zynektic Well-Known Member

If your moderator is set to only allow 15 minutes to edit then it will not show up after that period?

Edit: Just seen this is for OWN POST, but I have that as unlimited anyway.

17. Zynektic

Forum Moderator Permissions: Ticked (where you add moderator)
    Edit post by anyone: Allow (Moderator group permissions)
    Time limit on editing/deleting own posts (minutes): Unlimited (Forum permissions on moderator group)

That is how I have mine set up, with them having registered usergroup as primary and moderator as secondary.

18. majesty95

majesty95 Active Member

Yeah its not in the basic settings. According to those they should be able to edit. Something else is causing it but I have no idea what...

19. Zynektic

I have no idea what the PX1 add-ons are, but I use more or less all of the others or have used the others in the past without issues so unless it is not the permissions I am stumped, sorry.

20. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Can they edit it if you disable add-ons? If you create a new, default style?