XF 1.4 Mod can't edit his own posts.

majesty95

I have no idea what is causing this but I have one mod that can't ever edit his own posts. I have the mod permission group set to allow editing of their own posts. I have his primary user group as registered and secondary as moderator. I also have him added to the mod list. I'm not sure if other mods can edit theirs or not but I have received no other complaints. I just don't understand why I have the permission set in the mod user group and yet he cannot edit his post. Any ideas/suggestions?

If it's already set to Allow for Registered, then you can leave it at Not Set (No) for Moderators and it will inherit. That's probably not the cause, though.

Check out what Brogan mentioned above.

I actually don't want registered to edit but changed it trying to solve the issue.

If all of the permissions are correct then the only other thing it could be is some sort of corrupted permission cache.

Do you have any add-ons installed?
Specifically any which deal with permissions?

Forum Moderator Permissions: Ticked (where you add moderator)
Edit post by anyone: Allow (Moderator group permissions)
Time limit on editing/deleting own posts (minutes): Unlimited (Forum permissions on moderator group)

That is how I have mine set up, with them having registered usergroup as primary and moderator as secondary.

I have no idea what the PX1 add-ons are, but I use more or less all of the others or have used the others in the past without issues so unless it is not the permissions I am stumped, sorry.

Top Bottom