1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RM 1.1 For how long can a user update/edit his own resource?

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Support' started by denam, May 3, 2015.

1. denam

denam Active Member

A user told me that he is not able to update/edit his resource anymore which was possible before. I tested his permissions and he was right that I could not edit the resource. I could not find a time limit for updating/ editing own resources or did I miss it somewhere?

Does it has anything to do with 'Time limit on editing/deleting own posts'? I have set those permissions to 1 week because I don't want users to be able to delete their threads after a certain amount of time.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is no time limit, just the general 'Update/edit resources by self' permission.
  3. denam

denam Active Member

I have set the 'Update/edit resources by self' option to 'Allow' for registered users but the resource owner can not edit his resource.
    Any idea what could be wrong?
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Use the permissions analyzer to determine where the final permission value is being set.
  5. denam

denam Active Member

I was trying that too, but it showed that the user could edit his resource and I could not really test his permissions for the resource without logging in as the user. Also after revoking moderator permissions I still could edit his resource. Then I reset all usergroup permissions again and all category resource permissions and revoked single user permissions.

At the end it somehow worked again for the registered user group and I am not sure what caused that problem. So everything seems to work fine, now.