Fixed Missing alert functionality for media

Sim

I just noticed that we have a fair bit of functionality missing from media in relation to alerts. I'll list them all here as implementation suggestions. They are largely just duplicates of functionality we already get for threads and resources.
  1. we already get alerts when someone likes our media, but there is no preference item to disable these alerts - you'll get them whether you want them or not
  2. we have no ability to watch media - this is kind of critical to being alerted when someone comments on our media. I don't even think we get email notifications?
  3. we need to have alerts (and preferences to disabled them!) when:
    • someone comments on our media
    • someone rates our media
    • someone mentions us in a media comment (right now the ability to @-mention someone in comments is kind of useless if they don't get alerted to it?)
    • someone quotes our comment on media

We also need full email notification functionality as well - it's difficult to have a conversation around media that's been uploaded when we don't know someone has commented on it.

This is all mostly functionality in XFMG 1.x which just hasn’t been finished yet for XFMG 2.0.

Ah - now that I go back to my XF 1.5 I do see pretty much all of this there.

So we should expect functional parity to be available in XFMG 2.0 at some point before the end of the beta process?

Roughly.

There will be some things that don't make it (minor things) but with a view to bring them back bigger and better in the future.

I just noticed that we have a fair bit of functionality missing from media in relation to alerts. I'll list them all here as implementation suggestions. They are largely just duplicates of functionality we already get for threads and resources.
  1. we already get alerts when someone likes our media, but there is no preference item to disable these alerts - you'll get them whether you want them or not
  2. we have no ability to watch media - this is kind of critical to being alerted when someone comments on our media. I don't even think we get email notifications?
  3. we need to have alerts (and preferences to disabled them!) when:
    • someone comments on our media
    • someone rates our media
    • someone mentions us in a media comment (right now the ability to @-mention someone in comments is kind of useless if they don't get alerted to it?)
    • someone quotes our comment on media

We also need full email notification functionality as well - it's difficult to have a conversation around media that's been uploaded when we don't know someone has commented on it.
All of this has now been implemented for the next release.

Top Bottom