I just noticed that we have a fair bit of functionality missing from media in relation to alerts. I'll list them all here as implementation suggestions. They are largely just duplicates of functionality we already get for threads and resources.
- we already get alerts when someone likes our media, but there is no preference item to disable these alerts - you'll get them whether you want them or not
- we have no ability to watch media - this is kind of critical to being alerted when someone comments on our media. I don't even think we get email notifications?
- we need to have alerts (and preferences to disabled them!) when:
- someone comments on our media
- someone rates our media
- someone mentions us in a media comment (right now the ability to @-mention someone in comments is kind of useless if they don't get alerted to it?)
- someone quotes our comment on media