• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 Miscellaneous improvements

@Chris D I just did the install routine on the console. it ended with
Running upgrade to 1.5.0 Beta 2, step 2... done.
Rebuilding / importing data...
Upgrade completed successfully!
but it's not beta, right? it says "1.5.0." on the ACP...

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
The upgrade script steps through the various releases as required.

The version will be 1.5.0 - you can check in the top left of the ACP.

Gladius

Clicking the thread title will take you to the first unread post in the thread. Clicking the date will take you to the latest post in the thread.
Not quite?

Edit: ah, I see this is on the full page only, not on the forum list... but then, it's always been like that there, hasn't it?

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
My quote was talking about the New Posts block on the forum list, but we actually made some changes in the beta.

The thread title will take you to the first unread post of the thread, if it is a thread you have read before. If you've never read it before, it will take you to the latest post. The date is unlinked now.

Glockie

I too have a question about the "new posts" block..
We used to use an add-on for this, and displayed it in widgets governed by display order priority but now is much lower, so is there a way where we can adjust the display priority?
As ours is quite low down, if not then I'm assuming it could be because of widgets we are using?

One less add-on used, more being removed as we work our way through everything! Thank you (y)
Again, amazing changes to the whole thing and the attention to detail speak volumes.... ;)

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
If you're using a widget system, you'll need to ask in that thread for guidance. Otherwise, the core system positioning is controlled by the forum_list template.

Glockie

If you're using a widget system, you'll need to ask in that thread for guidance. Otherwise, the core system positioning is controlled by the forum_list template.
Yeah I know about the positioning for the widgets, however the latter part of your sentence is what I needed.. Thank you very much! ;)

Last edited: