• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 Miscellaneous improvements

jauburn

These are relatively small but very important improvements, I think. In my case, they'll allow me to get rid of a couple of add-ons, I believe. The ability to disable "trophies" (something that could be extended to other supposed user incentives) is important for more serious communities like mine, where such things are seen as, frankly, a bit silly. I think that making this optional makes all the sense in the world from your standpoint, allowing you to attract the widest range of customers.

jflory7

Resend a user's email confirmation from the Admin CP
From the User edit page in the Admin CP if a user is awaiting email confirmation then you can resend that confirmation to them:

Once resent, any previous confirmation emails will become invalid and only the new one they receive will work. The user can already do this themselves from the front end but sometimes it is useful for us to be able to do it on their behalf.
I cannot tell you how many times I've wanted to do this. Awesome!!

Valhalla

It would have been good if the Trophies system could be enabled, but for alerts not to be awarded, and for the points still to be given.

The trophy system isn't a concept I want my users to be aware of, but I still wish to use it internally to apply some logic to the User Title Ladder. The progression of points for being awarded for various conditions is powerful, so I want to make use of it.

Currently, I am hiding references to trophies in templates, but there is still no way to suppress the alert(s) being generated.

PASS

WoW, another great inbuilt addon for New Posts, can remove third party addon.

Thanks for that great update!
For now I will keep my 3rd party New Posts/New Threads block. It has many more features that I need. I like having a block just for new classifieds, site news, and everything else.
I'm sure XF will expand its options down the line.

zoldos

It would have been good if the Trophies system could be enabled, but for alerts not to be awarded, and for the points still to be given.

The trophy system isn't a concept I want my users to be aware of, but I still wish to use it internally to apply some logic to the User Title Ladder. The progression of points for being awarded for various conditions is powerful, so I want to make use of it.

Currently, I am hiding references to trophies in templates, but there is still no way to suppress the alert(s) being generated.
In the upcoming XF release, trophies can be disabled. :)

Daniel-SP

Resend a user's email confirmation from the Admin CP
From the User edit page in the Admin CP if a user is awaiting email confirmation then you can resend that confirmation to them:

Once resent, any previous confirmation emails will become invalid and only the new one they receive will work. The user can already do this themselves from the front end but sometimes it is useful for us to be able to do it on their behalf.
This is amazing. Are we going to have an option to do this in bulk ? I mean, resend all non-confirmed users an email ?

Another question: this new email will have another phrase? Like: "Well, looks like your first confirmation didn't go well.."

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Negative to all of those.

There is no bulk confirmation resend and as far as the user is concerned, the re-sent confirmation email will be identical to a normal confirmation.

Independent language selector for the Admin CP
Should your forum have multiple languages installed, your admins will now be able to independently choose which language should be used in the Admin CP:
View attachment 108592

The current language is displayed in the footer and clicking on the language name opens the language selector:
View attachment 108593

Changing the language in the front end doesn't affect the choice you made in the back end and vice versa, though you can quickly revert to forum default by clicking "Use forum language preference".
Exactly what we need
Well done @Chris D