Resource icon

MetaMirror 1.6.1

No permission to download
Is there a way to run the job and just tally up what the total storage needed would be? I could see this getting rather expensive if you pay for storage ala carte.

No, but I guess it could be modified to do so. My site just used an extra 150MB.

I'd need to figure out how to run long tasks like the "rebuild cache" stuff. Maybe tomorrow.

Can you make it only store images made within posts?

Some of my users have images stored on their computer in which they link to via their sig. This image is changed on a regular basis on their computer, but it is a full link. www.example.com/image.jpg - this gets overwritten on a regular basis.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks.

Hello,
Can I exclude some certain forums from importing images? When I delete threads/posts do the imported images deleted as well?
Thank you for the useful addon.

Can you make it only store images made within posts?

Some of my users have images stored on their computer in which they link to via their sig. This image is changed on a regular basis on their computer, but it is a full link. www.example.com/image.jpg - this gets overwritten on a regular basis.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks.

That's already an option, by default it only stores images used in posts. Sig images are optional.

Great Addon @Mick West , If you did change it so that it stored images as attachments , then most of the requests for other features would be covered by xenforo (getting rd of orphans,monitoring size, etc) or already built 3rd party plugins.

The attachment browser within xenforo makes it much easier to see and manage the attachmentsith sorts by size, newest etc.

Great Addon @Mick West , If you did change it so that it stored images as attachments , then most of the requests for other features would be covered by xenforo (getting rd of orphans,monitoring size, etc) or already built 3rd party plugins.

The attachment browser within xenforo makes it much easier to see and manage the attachmentsith sorts by size, newest etc.

I'll look into that, thanks.

Mick West updated MetaMirror with a new update entry:

Exclude Forums, Test Tool, Prevent's non-image files

You can now exclude forums via the options.

Files that are not images are now automatically excluded by exif_imagetype()

Added a useful test tool. This lets you run MetaMirror on a set of records without performing the writes, so you can see what it does. It can also just upload the files without modifying the posts, so you can make sure that the local links work, and also get an idea of what is happening.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I recommend anyone using this immediately upgrade to 1.2 (or disable any earlier version), as previous versions contained a security hole.

Nice update. Only thing I really would like to see is xenForo style logs for the addon instead of writing to a file. Other than that, love it.

This. I need something like this for my forums, and I was even planning to modify your add on and implement support for attachments instead of local files.

This. I need something like this for my forums, and I was even planning to modify your add on and implement support for attachments instead of local files.

Yeah, it would be a useful option. I just don't know how the attachment code works, and it took me all day to do this update.

If you have some code sample for how to add an attachment (either from a local file or a string) to a post, then I could roll it in pretty quick.

Hold on, there's an error with the cron jobs in 1.2.0. I'll need to make an update to 1.2.1

Last edited:
Top Bottom