1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MetaMirror 1.6.1

Locally rehosts any external [IMG] files (optionally as attachments) and updates links

1. Mick West

Mick West Well-Known Member

Mick West submitted a new resource:

MetaMirror - Locally rehosts any external files and updates links

Read more about this resource...

DRE, KingPin, Digital Doctor and 2 others like this.
  2. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Will this work for all current images or only new ones added after the mod is installed? Will this also work for remote images in a signature?

3. Mick West

It will work for all current images and new images. It might take a while to catch up on a very large site. You can adjust how much it does at once. It defaults to 10 posts with images every five minutes.

It does not currently work for images in signatures, but should not be a vast amount of work to do that. I did not bother as I'd disallowed images in sigs on my site :) I'll look into it.

The Forum Heroes and MasterPiece like this.
  4. BamaStangGuy

BamaStangGuy Well-Known Member

Do these new uploaded attachments show in the attachment browser?

5. BamaStangGuy

Also, would be nice if instead of writing to an actual file in internal_data, that you created a log section under Tools for easier browsing.

6. Mick West

They are not uploaded attachments, they are directly rehosted files.

7. Mick West

Do you have a quick example of how to do that? I'm new to Xenforo.

8. BamaStangGuy

Ok, so they are stored in a separate folder inside /data/? If so, that works fine for me :)

9. BamaStangGuy

I'm still learning xenForo as well. I know the Stop Human Spam addon does basically what you would want to do though.

Mick West likes this.
  10. Mick West

Correct, they go in /data/MetaMirrorCache, and urls are rewritten to directly link there.

11. BamaStangGuy

Feature Request: Exclude forums. There are some forums where I don't want images to be uploaded to my server.

The Forum Heroes and Mick West like this.
  12. Mick West

I got it working for sigs fairly easily. I'll upload a revised version tomorrow.

It won't currently cache the images in edited post that already has cached images, which is more of an issue for sigs. I'll see if I can fix that over the weekend.

The Forum Heroes likes this.
  13. Dynamic

Dynamic Well-Known Member

Firstly, THANK YOU! This is a great addon.

Secondly, is there any way this can corrupt/destroy my forums?

Thanks.

14. BamaStangGuy

Can you make it so you can turn off the sig feature please?

15. Mick West

Quite possibly. It does modify the actual links in the post data. If there's a bug there could be problems.

I've been running it on my smallish forum (60,000 posts, about 1000 images got rehosted). No real problems (one file did not load due to a bug, fixed it). However I'm not making any guarantees. Servers vary. I recommend setting the per-run to a low number and turning off the cron, and running it manually a couple of times to make sure everything works.

Dynamic likes this.
  16. Mick West

Yeah, I'll make it an option, default to off.

17. Mick West

Realistically though, I think the worst it could do is break some image links. No warranties though.

Dynamic likes this.
  18. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Thanks!

19. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Oh this could be VERY useful! We've just has a 48 page thread go to pot because the user went past his bandwidth allocation with Photobucket.

20. time

time Active Member

great, but I'm sad that it does not run on 1.1.3 and 1.1.5