Members reaction to Xen release and price!

I plan on buying two licenses up front.
Likewise.

I was quite pleased with the announcement and am very excited to move forward. I can't move my main site right away without a CMS, blog, etc...but, since the XF team has acknowledged a need for these types of features and have stated these will be addressed in the future, it's only a matter of time for me :)

Likewise.

I was quite pleased with the announcement and am very excited to move forward. I can't move my main site right away without a CMS, blog, etc...but, since the XF team has acknowledged a need for these types of features and have stated these will be addressed in the future, it's only a matter of time for me :)

Good to hear, I am actually now tossing up if I should buy a third .. hmmm if I get in on day one it is basically three for two - that is very tempting!

lol yeah Moses, have seen that site, it can be quite funny at times - I used to read it religiously a while ago, until I worked out they were mostly desperate try hard wannabes who no doubt hale from the very places and people they so bitterly mock. Such loathing and vitriol is usually born of the contempt of familiarity :p and that Fiona of Toorak character bored the pants off me.. (and not in a hot girl on girl action kind of way either - very tedious.)

+ it is just a rip off of another more successful American blog... copy catting is so very bogue. And really? a hosted blog? what you can't even commit the funds to buy a proper domain and some hosting :p

Man I can be a bi*ch sometimes
giggle.gif

While feeling so sure of an uniformed hunch makes the world a simple and user-friendly place, most of your points are a fair way from reality. We writers of the blog actually are over-educated inner-urban professionals with a social conscience and a thinly-veiled distaste for people who make no effort to live with modesty, selflessness, and accountability for their actions. We come from a variety of backgrounds, but currently see the world in a similar way. We don't really "wannabe" anything: we're happy, we started the blog for our own entertainment, and it's a bonus when we entertain and provoke thought in others. We can't really speak for our readers, but we're grateful that they've been supportive of our creative hobby.

Yep, we piggy-backed on someone else's format, and chose a different area of social commentary. And why not a hosted blog? People get there by hyperlinks, and we saw little point in paying for a service that would provide minimal actual benefit, but would require extra fiddling. We'd rather put our limited spare time into creating interesting written content. Anyway, thanks for enjoying the site when you did, and drop by whenever you feel like it from now on.

TBL

While feeling so sure of an uniformed hunch makes the world a simple and user-friendly place, most of your points are a fair way from reality. We writers of the blog actually are over-educated inner-urban professionals with a social conscience and a thinly-veiled distaste for people who make no effort to live with modesty, selflessness, and accountability for their actions. We come from a variety of backgrounds, but currently see the world in a similar way. We don't really "wannabe" anything: we're happy, and we seek to entertain and occasionally provoke thought.
Yep, we piggy-backed on someone else's format, and chose a different area of social commentary. And why not a hosted blog? People get there by hyperlinks, and we saw little point in paying for a service that would provide minimal actual benefit, but require extra fiddling. We'd rather put our limited spare time into creating interesting written content. Anyway, thanks for enjoying the site when you did, and drop by whenever you feel like it from now on.

TBL

Well my golly I do feel honoured to be personally addressed by TBL. One feels a tad churlish now.. no fair cyber-stalking critics like this!

But in all honesty, I highly doubt any of you were born and raised in the inner city now were you... fess up, there's a tad of the Hills District/Shire/Northern Beaches and whatever the Melb equiv is in there isn't there ;) Glad to hear you are all over educated though, wouldn't want to think we were being entertained by *shudders* the uneducated bogan masses in some kind of weird revenge for the cruel trick that was The Great bogans.com.au swindle!!!!

Happy is good, I like happy, but I didn't get happy from your Blogs.

Thought provoking... yes I would agree it can be, TBL can definitely be very amusing and entertaining, but it also has a rather vicious undercurrent which I decided I didn't care for personally, hence my comments. The majority of which were actually addressed as much to the regular comment contributors as your good selves...The witty Blog being as it is, a mere catalyst for the far more interesting (from a forum admin view point) comments back and forth.. and I have to confess to enjoying some of those very much. Some of your regulars however, well potential glassings not withstanding, I think my original comments must stand there. Ms Fiona is one of your more dire creations.

Best of luck to you TBL, should you decide to get a decent forum (hey I hear xenforo is kinda nice) and have true interaction - much like we are having here, I would love to pop on by and say hello again, but whilst you use the worlds ickiest hosted blog solution without any real ability to dynamically interact, or edit, or do any of the things people need to do when they want to play online... I will probably have to continue occasionally casting an eye over your blog, and admiring the wit and mirth from afar.

Thanks for dropping by :)

I dunno what is up with everyone today... Flame wars erupting, me being uncharacteristically caustic, I think all this excitement of the imminent release has gotten us all hot and bothered. Too much Red Cordial I think.

Perhaps we all need a nice cup of tea and a lie down.

And on that note, I am going to love you and leave you :)

I dunno what is up with everyone today... Flame wars erupting, me being uncharacteristically caustic, I think all this excitement of the imminent release has gotten us all hot and bothered. Too much Red Cordial I think.

It happens. :) Get some rest.

Have a good evening, Kim...maybe by this evening (morning for you) things will have simmered down. 

I don't consider this a children site though. It's for people who can afford a license, and the clip is just from a movie. This thread is also about images, quite weird ones, as first few posts shown, it's to be expected that one of them might offend someone, of any age.

Why don't you try reading my post properly for once, so you don't think we should be able to protect our children from crap like that, this site is SUPPOSED to be family friendly, it's NOT your site Floris, get over yourself will you.

Hey hey, no need to take a tone like that towards me. Thank you.

If you are entitled to your opinion, so am I. I am just sharing mine.
I am not pretending it is my site, nor do you have to.

Also, using words like that to me is equal to posting a gore picture. Not suitable for children.

Sorry to offend you. But I think it is a family friendly site, but a thread like this has more images than just gore that I think aren't suitable for children. Something one could consider before browsing through in case you run into other images.

Oh dear.

*Enters TARDIS, goes forward in time and clicks on this thread. Thread closed. Enters TARDIS and comes back to 21/09/2010 1645 and types.*

Floris, you really make me laugh. :)

Oh, good, so you'll both kiss & make up?:)

Not directed at the two of you, but this place seems to have gone nuts since the announcement over the beta release and price – it’s like kids getting over excited on Christmas Eve – lol. :D

I feel sorry for the Xen-team.

Top Bottom