XF 1.5 Member can't login

tommydamic68

Hello,

I have one member who claims she can't login. Here is what she says , any thoughts?

Ok, so now listen to this:
I tried again to sign on to the site and once I log in, it brings me right back to the log-in page so I can't do anything. I can't see my alerts either, etc.
BUT, if I click on a topic from the forum, I can see the thread/post as if I was signed on. I see the smiley icons, etc., BUT if I go right back to the first page, the forums, it shows that I'm not signed on.

Have you changed your hosting provider recently? Or changed servers?

There's an issue when moving from a newer version of PHP to an older version or a version that doesn't support the authentication methods in XenForo 1.2.
@Chris D - I did change from a shared server to a VPS but same host, could this possibly be the issue? What steps do I take to correct it?

I didn't ask what your PHP version was.

I suggested you contact your host as it may be related to the server change.

It could also be down to caching set up in config.php, especially if you cache sessions. This will be something with you or your host has added in the past, it may be worth removing the caching options temporarily.

AOL desktop browser is still a thing? Wow.

If it's only affecting one user on one browser then I think they ought to just try a different browser. I would have major concerns as to how well supported and secure the one they're using is.

If it's only affecting one user on one browser then I think they ought to just try a different browser. I would have major concerns as to how well supported and secure the one they're using is.
I used to use it many years ago. That time it was a heavily modified Internet Explorer.

i have this issue too, bit only using Edge browser, seems to hsppen if i leave the browser open over night.

then i cant login the day after, close Edge, and I can log in.

She did finally use another browser and it worked fine.

Top Bottom