1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Member can't login

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by tommydamic68, Feb 25, 2016.

1. tommydamic68

tommydamic68 Well-Known Member

Hello,

I have one member who claims she can't login. Here is what she says , any thoughts?

Ok, so now listen to this:
    I tried again to sign on to the site and once I log in, it brings me right back to the log-in page so I can't do anything. I can't see my alerts either, etc.
    BUT, if I click on a topic from the forum, I can see the thread/post as if I was signed on. I see the smiley icons, etc., BUT if I go right back to the first page, the forums, it shows that I'm not signed on.

2. tommydamic68

What was odd is that she was was that her user state was "awaiting email confirmation (from edit)" and I changed that to valid state but still no luck.

3. tommydamic68

@Chris D - I did change from a shared server to a VPS but same host, could this possibly be the issue? What steps do I take to correct it?

4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Probably contact your host in the first instance.

5. tommydamic68

I just checked, it is the same as before, PHP5.5.

6. Chris D

I didn't ask what your PHP version was.

I suggested you contact your host as it may be related to the server change.

It could also be down to caching set up in config.php, especially if you cache sessions. This will be something with you or your host has added in the past, it may be worth removing the caching options temporarily.

7. tommydamic68

FYI- its only with the browser AOL desktop. Strange.

8. Chris D

AOL desktop browser is still a thing? Wow.

If it's only affecting one user on one browser then I think they ought to just try a different browser. I would have major concerns as to how well supported and secure the one they're using is.

9. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

I used to use it many years ago. That time it was a heavily modified Internet Explorer.

10. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Ernest L. Defoe likes this.
  11. CabCon

CabCon Member

I had the same problems.

12. kaieivindm

kaieivindm Active Member

i have this issue too, bit only using Edge browser, seems to hsppen if i leave the browser open over night.

then i cant login the day after, close Edge, and I can log in.

13. tommydamic68

She did finally use another browser and it worked fine.