Add-on Marketplace add-on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Users won't require to create their own store to sell the items. Its more like vendor thingy. Each vendor will be able to enter the payment information (PayPal Email, Bitcoin Address etc etc) in their "Vendor Central" and when someone wants to purchase the item you're selling, they would require to make payment to that payment information. of course there are some more steps in between. It should be more clear when it is live on the demo :)

Think about everyone outside of the US. We need to have an option to at least input the name of the carrier because it's surely not FedEx or UPS.
Canada Post for us Canucks.
Also, UPS & FedEx Canada as I believe they are different systems than their US counterparts.

Royal Mail, TNT, UK Mail (bad but popular), Parcelforce... To be honest the list is infinite. You should just allow the seller to add the link to tracking as well as the tracking number. Remove explicit 'support' for carriers. I mean we haven't even finished UK yet, never mind Africa, Asia, Europe, etc. What if someone wants to use Robust Express?

Royal Mail, TNT, UK Mail (bad but popular), Parcelforce... To be honest the list is infinite. You should just allow the seller to add the link to tracking as well as the tracking number. Remove explicit 'support' for carriers. I mean we haven't even finished UK yet, never mind Africa, Asia, Europe, etc. What if someone wants to use Robust Express?
That's a very good suggestion for a first release. Sell additional addons for specific shipping integration (and for purchasers of this product, allow them to charge sellers for using an integrated shipping method)

You could have a field to enter the tracking number and have it automatically link to a google search for the number. Google is pretty good about figuring out what service the number is for.

That is indeed a good idea :D

for purchasers of this product, allow them to charge sellers for using an integrated shipping method
Not really something I've in mind right now, because I would need to rewrite plenty of stuff again for this to make it happen... But I could make it happen in future if I see people requesting for this.

You could have a field to enter the tracking number and have it automatically link to a google search for the number. Google is pretty good about figuring out what service the number is for.
I did try that earlier but that didn't work, is there any specific page we must be visit for that to happen?

Please consider allowing the sales of items using point systems. A most common suggestion with points systems is the ability to sell physical items. You'll get a lot of buyers if you add the option to allow users to pay with points.

I will be more than interested in helping you to find bugs in your demo board for this add-on. Unfortunately I can't start new conversations but I will really appreciate if you consider me in the list and start a conversation with me when your demo board gets open.

Thanks,
Super120

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom