Implement add-ons marketplace

At the moment, all add-ons are downloaded and installed by the user from the outside - it is high time for us to get rid of this process and introduce quality control of the products that developers implement on your platform.

This will solve several problems for customers:
  1. Single implementation of add-on licensing. The user will no longer have to have a dozen accounts on the sites of different developers to have a license for several add-ons
  2. Convenience and ease of installation. Customers will be delighted when they are given the opportunity to search for add-ons by keywords right in the control panel, watch their previews and install them in one click
  3. By ensuring that paid add-ons are moderated, you will be able to guarantee their quality, which means that XenForo as a whole will work more stable

And for developers:
  1. No market entry threshold. An add-on can become popular if it is simply useful. The developer does not need to advertise it and make sure that users who need this add-on see it.
  2. No need to implement your own licensing system.

This may attract additional expenses, but this step will also attract additional income. In addition to attracting new customers through this implementation, you can enter a commission on paid add-ons in the form of 2.5%, for example, which will cover the cost of personnel who moderate the content and bring additional profit.

Often such cool ideas remain unrealized for years, so if enough developers like @Xon @Siropu @DragonByte Tech @Ozzy47 @ThemeHouse get together, we can implement this task on our own.

Attachments

• 1677586552668.webp
    1677586552668.webp
    60.5 KB · Views: 43
Hello, @Brogan
Please explain why my suggestion was moved from the "Suggestions" category to the "Other Discussions and Feedback" category? My suggestion concerns functionality within XenForo itself.

I can see the argument, but it isn’t really XF itself.

You’re asking for us to build an add-on marketplace. The sheer majority of that functionality is actually going to exist outside of the product; code on this website, payment systems, legal agreements, APIs, business decisions, staffing and resource implications.

The bits that involve XF itself as a product is useless without all of the above and also just a very small piece of the puzzle.

I can see the argument, but it isn’t really XF itself.

You’re asking for us to build an add-on marketplace. The sheer majority of that functionality is actually going to exist outside of the product; code on this website, payment systems, legal agreements, APIs, business decisions, staffing and resource implications.

The bits that involve XF itself as a product is useless without all of the above and also just a very small piece of the puzzle.
Thanks for the explanation, I agree with you)
Do we have a chance to get such an expansion of the ecosystem?

Top Bottom