Mark Posts as Best Answer [Deleted]

Well, a prefix (if used) and the kind of indicator you've mentioned would probably be too much.

Maybe a different background color and a an icon (like the lock icon, etc.)?

I'm open to suggestions...

Anything from a little checkmark or cross to indicate wether a thread is answered or not would be fine. Alterntively a red or green font color or background color would be fine. Better yet make all 3 optional under option:

Set CSS style for answered & unanswered thread display.
Set Background color for answered & unanswered thread display
Use icons for answered/unanswered thread display

That way people can decide themselves wether they want an obvious indicator (we do on our board as we use this internally and we want to clearly see what has/hasn't been solved) I can imagine others just want a subtle indicator (or nothing at all)

3.webp

Friend there is two option to mark best answer. Can you add third as BOTH ? Thread creator is priority.
and other can you make it. You made a button Best Answer and we can select it. But we couldnt see vote number. for example Best Answer (3) Best Answer (7)

Last edited:
Getting an error on profile pages when clicking on the best answer tab. Additionally, should the tab even be there if the user has no best answers?

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_EXTENDS, expecting T_STRING in /home/site/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(456) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{', expecting T_STRING or T_NAMESPACE or T_NS_SEPARATOR in /home/site/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(482) : eval()'d code on line 1
An exception occurred: Cannot load class using XFCP. Load the class using the correct loader first. in /home/site/public_html/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php on line 108

1. XenForo_Autoloader->autoload()
  2. spl_autoload_call() in WidgetFramework/XenForo/View1.php at line 4
  3. include() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
  4. XenForo_Autoloader->autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 959
  5. XenForo_Application::autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 483
  6. XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 209
  7. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php at line 88
  8. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 572
  9. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/verizonf/public_html/index.php at line 13

This is brilliant and EXACTLY what I was looking for!

We're big fans of awarding our best contributing members. This addon could allow us to add qualitative metrics to quantifiable metrics (total posts / topics by user).

So, my questions, would there be a way to (via DB queries on the backend):
  1. Show which members have the most posts that have become the absolute "best answer"? For example; if one member had 248 posts that have all become "best answers"
  2. Show a members total "best answer" tally of votes, even if not the absolute "best answer"? For example; even if their answers weren't voted all the way to the top, it might be good to know how many of their posts got at least one vote and a total of all the votes for all their posts
  3. Show which members are voting up the most. Might be good to see if people are abusing the system
Thanks much!

Getting an error on profile pages when clicking on the best answer tab. Additionally, should the tab even be there if the user has no best answers?

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_EXTENDS, expecting T_STRING in /home/site/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(456) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{', expecting T_STRING or T_NAMESPACE or T_NS_SEPARATOR in /home/site/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(482) : eval()'d code on line 1
An exception occurred: Cannot load class using XFCP. Load the class using the correct loader first. in /home/site/public_html/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php on line 108

1. XenForo_Autoloader->autoload()
  2. spl_autoload_call() in WidgetFramework/XenForo/View1.php at line 4
  3. include() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
  4. XenForo_Autoloader->autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 959
  5. XenForo_Application::autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 483
  6. XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 209
  7. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php at line 88
  8. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 572
  9. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/verizonf/public_html/index.php at line 13

Same error happening in our site.

@Lior. , Any solution?

I am interested in this addon but seeing the errors reported by users and no reply from developer makes me less confident. Is this addon being actively developed?

Anyways, I have a few things I'd like to mention after installing it:
  • You should be able to see if a thread has been answered from the forum view, like so. http://d.pr/i/2Twt
  • It shouldn't be enabled in every forum by default, that just seems silly.
Another suggestion, but a little out there:
  • Have an option to add the original post and best answer on top of every page in the thread.

Last edited:
Nothing in this thread from the Dev for a whole month. Doesn't give me the confidence to buy it/install it on my live board. :cautious:

Hello,

I have noticed a problem with marking a post as best answer, the postion of the "Best Answer" button is kinda in a silly place, how about having a bigger button below

jeSTJeR.png

Rather than among it, make the button bigger and maybe give it it's own icon, this wil make it more noticeable and give people no excuse to miss it.

I hope the developer returns. This is a great add-on.

Can someone tell me how to change the color of the Best Answer link? I'd like to make it green.

So I can't uninstall this. When I try I get this:

Mysqli statement execute error : Can't DROP 'allow_best_answer'; check that column/key exists

Is this abandoned?

Really hope the developer returns. Currently too many outstanding issues/complaints without a response to risk buying this and putting it on active forums. Also would love to see some more advanced options, but that possibility is looking rather unlikely... Lior? Renew our faith in your awesome plugin!

Really hope the developer returns. Currently too many outstanding issues/complaints without a response to risk buying this and putting it on active forums. Also would love to see some more advanced options, but that possibility is looking rather unlikely... Lior? Renew our faith in your awesome plugin!
He didn't abandon the add-on. He got recruited to the army, and he will come back in few weeks.
It works just fine on my board.

Top Bottom