Lack of interest make the color palette more prominent

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'd like to do that, though it won't get a special UI until 1.1... though I suppose I could add it to the admin navigation. Hmm...

Not sure how useful it would be or if it would fall into the same thread, but what about while in the templates we have the same popup as we do in style properties for the color palette. Don't know how effective it might be but it could be useful rather then going back to look at the color palette. If that made sense... I feel I'm out of it today :)

Not sure how useful it would be or if it would fall into the same thread, but what about while in the templates we have the same popup as we do in style properties for the color palette. Don't know how effective it might be but it could be useful rather then going back to look at the color palette. If that made sense... I feel I'm out of it today :)
Just for sake of my own clarification, do you mean the drop-down list? *confused*

Some way to check what each color property is while editing templates (i.e. hovering over @primaryDarker and seeing the color or something) might be nice too.

Do you mean this one?

Screen shot 2011-02-16 at 20.05.27.webp

Like style VeeBieJeebies. :p
Hahaha, VeeBieJeebies is a little style I put together to test how flexible the XenForo style system can be. It's not a finished style, and never will be, but its goal is to dramatically change the look of the style using only style properties, just to see what's possible and demonstrate the immense power that's available.

You might recognise the style from which it derives its name ;)

Screen shot 2011-02-16 at 20.59.04.webp

Screen shot 2011-02-16 at 21.12.40.webp

I've been amazed at how much you can do using just the Style Properties, although I have to admit I had to poke around a bit in the ACP before I figgled that out. :D

The style properties have been a bugger to me, but that's just because I create awkward styles
confused.png

It's a nice start to making the color palette more visible to the average admin!

Hahaha, VeeBieJeebies is a little style I put together to test how flexible the XenForo style system can be. It's not a finished style, and never will be, but its goal is to dramatically change the look of the style using only style properties, just to see what's possible and demonstrate the immense power that's available.

You might recognise the style from which it derives its name ;)

View attachment 11157

View attachment 11158
Hope someone doesn't see that... ;)

But that is very neat. It's actually a great idea for people who want to keep that style on their current forums, specifically those who do not get custom styles beyond color alterations, and just transfer to XenForo that way. It will less likely startle the users during the transfer.

Hope someone doesn't see that... ;)

But that is very neat. It's actually a great idea for people who want to keep that style on their current forums, specifically those who do not get custom styles beyond color alterations, and just transfer to XenForo that way. It will less likely startle the users during the transfer.
I know what you're thinking - maybe I'll make an IPB version and a phpBB version too, just to prove a point ;)

I'm referring to when I'm in the Template files like the specific code, if I'm adding additional code to say extra.css, somewhere right above the editor maybe make a popout with the color wheel/pre-define color palette, so as I'm coding new things for a design my color reference is right there on the editing page. When I get home I'll do a mock up so it makes more sense, my brain is fried :)

I'm referring to when I'm in the Template files like the specific code, if I'm adding additional code to say extra.css, somewhere right above the editor maybe make a popout with the color wheel/pre-define color palette, so as I'm coding new things for a design my color reference is right there on the editing page. When I get home I'll do a mock up so it makes more sense, my brain is fried :)
I get what you mean. Hmm... thinks...

Yeah; that would be a nice addition. :)

Top Bottom