Lack of interest Give users suggestions on who to follow, what to watch, more prominent Follow button, more prominent follow numbers.

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

limboclub

Users engage more with content and people they have chosen to follow. But a forum hierarchy is difficult to navigate, specially on mobile.

People like entertainers and journalists like to get follow numbers and gather followers. This is what built Twitter. Public figures brought their audience onto the platform.

For this reason Xenforo needs (if it doesn't already have these - I can't find any):

* Follow Suggestions.
  • When a user interacts with another user a certain number of times in a period, suggest they follow them, including a big FOLLOW button
  • This interaction could be positive likes, replies, wall posts, conversation messages.
  • Could also suggest follows of users who follow X number of the same other users you follow.
  • Include the FOLLOW button in the user info block on each of their replies. I am adding this manually anyway.
  • Include "number of followers" information prominently on user posts and profiles. If this is around, I cannot see it. A bit of ego massage and an indicator to other users that a user is popular and might be worth following.

* Watch Suggestions
- Suggest watches/threads/forums based on user activity, and activity of a users follows and followers.

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom