XF 1.1 Major Spam problems

Big Dan

Hi Folks,

I converted to XF yesterday and since 20 minutes after turning on the board I've been getting hit by spam bots. So far, I've nuked 6 in less than 24 hours. Multiple posts across multiple forums. This problem is compounded by the fact that reported posts don't trigger an email to me.

To be fair every spammer so far was registered over a month ago. It looks like the accounts were just dormant on vB.

I did install XenUtilites which runs new registrations against Stop Forum Spam but that doesn't help for existing account although I did have a SFS mod on vBulletin.

What can I do to stop this? Is there any way to force accounts with under a certain amount of posts to do a reCATCHPA before posting or run them through Akismet?

Thanks in advance,
Dan

Thanks Brogan, that was my first thought. Was hoping not to have to add another User Group as I already have 1 for members with 10 posts + but that will work for now. :)

I remember when I deleted about 800 accounts based on their signature and profile spamming when I converted from VB to xenforo. XenUtiles came very handy. Also you might wanna check out http://xenforo.com/community/threads/delete-0-posters.14360/ to delete zero posters based on their activity history or post number.

Top Bottom