Location custom field by AddonsLab

Location custom field by AddonsLab [Paid] 1.6.3

No permission to buy ($39.99)

AddonsLab

AddonsLab submitted a new resource:

Location custom field by AddonsLab - Location type custom field for all custom field systems

Note: You are eligible for a free license of this add-on if you purchase any of our Filter add-ons.

Add-On Overview

The add-on implements a new custom field type - Location, allowing to collect location information from your users. It provides the list of countries/areas/cities based on World Cities Database - https://simplemaps.com/data/world-cities and allows admins to custom the list, add, edit and delete any record.

The following custom field holders will...

Read more about this resource...

AddonsLab updated Location custom field by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Dependency on [AL] Core package

Added a dependency on [AL] Core package to avoid "Unexpected file content" error.

The new version is available for all licensed customers at

Please consider posting a review if you are using the add-on and let us and other users know how it works for you.

Thank you!

Read the rest of this update entry...

We're having an issue, when a moderator edits and saves a thread and there's no zip code entered it then displays above the post like this. If it's empty it shouldn't display.

1575586521154.webp

AddonsLab updated Location custom field by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

RMS custom field support

This version implements support for custom fields of RMS add-on by @Bob

The new version is available for all licensed customers at

Please consider posting a review if you are using the add-on and let us and other users know how it works for you.

Thank you!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Pretty cool! So this can be used in conjunction with your Thread Filter add-on correct?

Pretty cool! So this can be used in conjunction with your Thread Filter add-on correct?

Sure, you can see it working at https://xf2.addonslab.com/forums/ad...egon&thread_fields[location][country_code]=US You get a free license of this add-on if you own any of our Filter add-ons.

Thank you!

Hi @AddonsLab
You get a free license of this add-on if you own any of our Filter add-ons.
I did not know that. I got 2 filter addons for my 2 websites, and just paid $39.99 for [AL] Location Custom Field addon yesterday. Anyway, is anyway that I can add drop down selection by states and cities to Thread Filter instead of Single-line text box on Thread Filter? Thank you so much.

Hi @AddonsLab

I did not know that. I got 2 filter addons for my 2 websites, and just paid $39.99 for [AL] Location Custom Field addon yesterday. Anyway, is anyway that I can add drop down selection by states and cities to Thread Filter instead of Single-line text box on Thread Filter? Thank you so much.

Please open a ticket in our system and we will assign $39.99 to your account as credit, which you can use to extend support/upgrades for your other add-ons.

Location custom field does exactly what you have described, you just need to create a new custom field of type "Location", and you can see in the location options the option to choose the default country, options to show the states and cities as selection list or a text input etc.

Thank you!

Please open a ticket in our system and we will assign $39.99 to your account as credit, which you can use to extend support/upgrades for your other add-ons.

Location custom field does exactly what you have described, you just need to create a new custom field of type "Location", and you can see in the location options the option to choose the default country, options to show the states and cities as selection list or a text input etc.

Thank you!

Hi @AddonsLab Thank for replied. Yes I can see that I can add drop down selection by states and cities when creating new threads. But I mean drop selections for state and city on Thread Filter of thread view. I just see Single-line text box only. And I can get custom thread fields like this {$thread.custom_fields.name} , but how can I get custom thread fields location by states and city in forum view ? Thank you so much, sorry for ask too much :(
20200305_133612.jpg

Last edited:
I have a question about this AddOn! :)

For example, me and also another user has given his address in the profile. Would it be possible to show the location with the additional distance to me when visiting the profile?

Also: Would it be possible to find users near me (within a given distance)?

Thanks a lot! :)

Top Bottom