[LN] Blog [Deleted]

Hello,

maybe it's just me, or did i misunderstand this plugin?? What i have got now is one common blog for everyone, and not per user, how do i make it per user??

Regards,
Tommy.

Hello,

maybe it's just me, or did i misunderstand this plugin?? What i have got now is one common blog for everyone, and not per user, how do i make it per user??

Regards,
Tommy.

You have to give the users permissions to create blogs

Im not quite sure im understanding your problem, could you post a link to your site.
heres the link :)

When i create a new entry, i create a entry in the blog, so does all the others... I want the users to create enties in a per user blog, not a common one...

I found that the forums work better for what i want, this doesn't do it (n)

When i create a new entry, i create a entry in the blog, so does all the others... I want the users to create enties in a per user blog, not a common one...

All blogs show in the index, but each user has their own directory where only their blogs show.

All blogs show in the index, but each user has their own directory where only their blogs show.
Forsaken's reply is accurate.

I know the index can be presented much better, and that will be change in the future along with all the other sections.

Forsaken's reply is accurate.

I know the index can be presented much better, and that will be change in the future along with all the other sections.

What i wanted, so you understand me better, is just like a forum, where every member got one thread each, which they can update whenever they have done something. :rolleyes:

What i wanted, so you understand me better, is just like a forum, where every member got one thread each, which they can update whenever they have done something. :rolleyes:
Are you talking about a page where all their entries (as in, their updates) would show? That's what the blog does. Each user posts an update, and its posted to their section only (and you can view this section from their Member Card). The index just shows all the latest entries published so other users can see each others updates but it's not like their actually posted to the index (if that makes sense).

It's really not that much different from threads in that regard and sounds like what you're looking for. But if you think doing it in a thread/forum will do what you want, I'm not going to stop you. :)

Are you talking about a page where all their entries (as in, their updates) would show? That's what the blog does. Each user posts an update, and its posted to their section only (and you can view this section from their Member Card). The index just shows all the latest entries published so other users can see each others updates but it's not like their actually posted to the index (if that makes sense).

It's really not that much different from threads in that regard and sounds like what you're looking for. But if you think doing it in a thread/forum will do what you want, I'm not going to stop you. :)
That sounds about right, but it doesn't look right, it was just confusing, and that makes people not posting, it has to be clear how it works, and and it does that in the forums,
BUT that doesn't mean i don't want to use your plugin as just a blog.

What i need now is a logbook for my members. ;)

That sounds about right, but it doesn't look right, it was just confusing, and that makes people not posting, it has to be clear how it works, and and it does that in the forums,
BUT that doesn't mean i don't want to use your plugin as just a blog.

What i need now is a logbook for my members. ;)
Right, and I agree the UI needs to be redone and there's a few ways to do it already but that won't be until later. :)

Keep in mind this was an experiment gone serious, so there needs to be quite a lot redone and admittedly, quite a lot of it is awful. :cry:

Right, and I agree the UI needs to be redone and there's a few ways to do it already but that won't be until later. :)

Keep in mind this was an experiment gone serious, so there needs to be quite a lot redone and admittedly, quite a lot of it is awful. :cry:

Although it does work as intended - im using it and it works fine - im looking forward to seeing what you do with it and how it evolves

As I am testing a conversion from IPB, I would also migrate my IP.Blog addon to Xenforo LN Blog. Therefore I would need an import script from IP.Blog v2.5.1 to [LN] Blog 1.0.0 Beta 3B. I am sure that there are even more IP.Board converters who would need such an import script.

Maybe some of us who need this import script can put some funds on the plate to get this rolling. How much would you be asking for?

As I am testing a conversion from IPB, I would also migrate my IP.Blog addon to Xenforo LN Blog. Therefore I would need an import script from IP.Blog v2.5.1 to [LN] Blog 1.0.0 Beta 3B. I am sure that there are even more IP.Board converters who would need such an import script.

Maybe some of us who need this import script can put some funds on the plate to get this rolling. How much would you be asking for?
As far as I'm aware, this is going to be included in the importer suite that Kovifor is doing for XenFluence.

As far as I'm aware, this is going to be included in the importer suite that Kovifor is doing for XenFluence.

Does anyone know the approximate time frame when it will be available? I am not in a rush to convert right away but I do like to plan my conversion.

If a developer needs an IP.Blog database for migration testing purposes, I could provide it. (:

Top Bottom