[LN] Blog [Deleted]

I wonder if the blogs are synced with the trophies. I mean.. could I give a member 10 trophie points for making 5 blog posts for example?

This add on add as a message for the profile and post count is increased by 1 for each blog entry. I suggest to make it separately as blog entries count. If you can integrate it with the [bd] banking add on to give more forum cash for blog entries it would be great.
Overall, it is a nice add on.

This add on add as a message for the profile and post count is increased by 1 for each blog entry. I suggest to make it separately as blog entries count. If you can integrate it with the [bd] banking add on to give more forum cash for blog entries it would be great.
Overall, it is a nice add on.
That's because "messages" links to all the indexed content they've written, which includes blog entries. What I could do is perhaps add an option to not increase message count... it depends on how in-demand this feature is as no one else has suggested it yet.

When this goes on sale... I really do hope you have an alternative payment method outside of paypal.

Anything else would be nice.... Alert Pay, Google Checkout, 2CheckOut, Moneybookers, Amazon, ect... ect... Anything outside of paypal would be nice

When this goes on sale... I really do hope you have an alternative payment method outside of paypal.

Anything else would be nice.... Alert Pay, Google Checkout, 2CheckOut, Moneybookers, Amazon, ect... ect... Anything outside of paypal would be nice
Yes, I've heard your calls. ;)

Unfortunately, alternative payment methods won't be available at launch (the trigger in which I am just about to pull). I will definitely be working on alternative methods once Storefront is a bit more stable and less boney, and it is almost certain it will ship with at least one other alternative before it goes stable (somewhere in the betas). Don't worry, it'll be there. I've just been a bit... busy.

Yes, I've heard your calls. ;)

Unfortunately, alternative payment methods won't be available at launch (the trigger in which I am just about to pull). I will definitely be working on alternative methods once Storefront is a bit more stable and less boney, and it is almost certain it will ship with at least one other alternative before it goes stable (somewhere in the betas). Don't worry, it'll be there. I've just been a bit... busy.

Outstanding :D

I'd like to purchase the next blog release when you have it out. And paypal just can never be an option (its illegal here).

Thank you for your consideration. :)

Yes sir :) I'm not really sure where I got the block from, but if my memory serves me well, that was something you added to the XenPorta thread (I might be wrong on the last part).
Argh, have I let that much time go by? I apologize; seems I got caught up with other things and, while I didn't forget about it, didn't realize how much time passed. I'll fix this this week.

In general news, Beta 4 is being loaded into the cannon and I can definitely say it is days away, not weeks. Storefront has been installed on XI (hidden for now), and I'm calculating price and renewal fee. I'd also like to stress that Beta 4 will have a few more bug fixes and a couple of other adjustments, but it is pretty much what 1.0 stable will be. Blog 1.1 will be where a complete rewrite will be done, several new features will be added, and the design will be changed to be easier to use and compatible with all changes.

I know it's been a helluva wait (my fault :whistle:), and I thank you all for your patience. I've learned a lot about XenForo between developing this and custom projects I did on the side. It's amazing to take an experimental project and be able to turn it into something serious. All the lessons learned have been applied to Storefront and other products waiting in the wings.

This should be an interesting year for us and you. Let's see what we can't do. :cool:

Obviously didn't re-read the post before yours. Might want to before you disrespect another programmer, like you often do.
Firstly. If you program something and make it public you can take it when someone says something. So he should have no issue with what I said. Stop getting offended for other people.
He has some bits of bad code which make it impossible to extend cleanly. Simple, clear, to the point. I want people to stop doing it because I have to fix it.

Robbo: take it privately, or post constructively, ie: post your version of what you would like seen done and take the time to explain why. Everyone learns that way.

Or, instead of constantly complaining about devs not meeting your expectations, write your own from scratch. Onimua did an outstanding job writing this, and as it does not meet your standards I look forward to downloading and testing your originally coded blog add-on. I expect I should not have to wait too long?

Okay let's take a look.

Robbo: take it privately, or post constructively, ie: post your version of what you would like seen done and take the time to explain why. Everyone learns that way.
Thanks. Now I know when anyone ever makes a request for something changed in one of my add-ons I can tell them to who me changed code or not post.
PS. I {insert lots of rage here} POSTED what he needed to do in the LINK I POSTED.

Or, instead of constantly complaining about devs not meeting your expectations, write your own from scratch. Onimua did an outstanding job writing this, and as it does not meet your standards I look forward to downloading and testing your originally coded blog add-on. I expect I should not have to wait too long?
Oh okay. So firstly I am constantly complaining (can someone point me to where?).
Secondly I somewhere said this was a rubbish add-on (once again where? Fairly sure I said it had some bad code... facebook is full of bad code... does that mean I am saying facebook is crap? Guess so).
Thirdly I shall take note. Anyone who ever posts on one of my add-ons that they don't have the feature they need (even though I never said this? But let's assume I did) I reply telling them to code an original (this isn't original btw, no add-ons on this website are)addon themselves - with a passive agressive "I expect I should not have to wait long".

You are a moderator. How about you think before you post and grab a backbone while you're at it. You can see the post I deleted too... if I said what I actually feel towards this ******** I would probably get a ban.
Want to help XenForo? How about you not drive away developers with your petty crap.

Oh okay. So firstly I am constantly complaining (can someone point me to where?).

Robbo, While I have no intention to get involved (and this will my only post about this matter) I have read many post of yours in this nature. What I humbly suggest, take the tone down a bit and write what you find wrong insted of writing what for others are rather insulting.

Robbo, While I have no intention to get involved (and this will my only post about this matter) I have read many post of yours in this nature. What I humbly suggest, take the tone down a bit and write what you find wrong insted of writing what for others are rather insulting.
a) I have written what was wrong.
b) If you had spent hours doing things because of someone elses bad code (not talking about this, this one was a very minor one) you would be bitter as well. Lawrence suggests I PC every freaking developer when I find an issue. Public stuff gets seen. I don't care if I offend someone to get the point across.
c) Telling someone they have bad code and should fix it is not an insult. And how that relates to the part you quoted... you are saying I am complaining and then saying that I am insulting and then also saying, like the others, that I don't even say what is wrong.

I give up. Write code however you like I won't bother anyone again and just deal with it. My last post other than support for people who complain to me (instead of having a cry I actually do what they want).

a) I have written what was wrong.
b) If you had spent hours doing things because of someone elses bad code (not talking about this, this one was a very minor one) you would be bitter as well. Lawrence suggests I PC every freaking developer when I find an issue. Public stuff gets seen. I don't care if I offend someone to get the point across.
c) Telling someone they have bad code and should fix it is not an insult. And how that relates to the part you quoted... you are saying I am complaining and then saying that I am insulting and then also saying, like the others, that I don't even say what is wrong.

I give up. Write code however you like I won't bother anyone again and just deal with it. My last post other than support for people who complain to me (instead of having a cry I actually do what they want).
The way you make corrections makes you sound condescending at best, insulting at worst. Rather than ranting (And linking to a rant that was just insulting to many developers) you could have pointed out the troublesome code, and given advice, which would have been much more polite.

I'll also point out that LN Blog was originally a private add-on which Onimua released publicly to help out the XenForo community. Which is why he is doing a complete re-write of the add-on for when it goes commercial.

Robbo, can I suggest this video to help you take it easy and calm down.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Top Bottom