[LN] Blog [Deleted]

Can I interrupt this little discussion with two xf-newbie questions of mine:

I have 2 questions regarding this addon:

1. Please don't get me wrong I love to see a blog addon, but I just don't understand the general idea behind it.
What make a blog post different from just saying - here is a Forum - I call it BLOGS - and allow Users to post a thread in it ?
So please, I think I might miss the big difference between a post in a "BLOG" and a post in a "Forum" - can anybody explain please.

2. My second question is regarding the blog editing screen. From what I see it is the "page" edit screen.
Are there any plans to integrate the TinyMCE editor on the BLOG edit page ?

Would be great if anybody could help me on those two questions.

Can I interrupt this little discussion with two xf-newbie questions of mine:

I have 2 questions regarding this addon:

1. Please don't get me wrong I love to see a blog addon, but I just don't understand the general idea behind it.
What make a blog post different from just saying - here is a Forum - I call it BLOGS - and allow Users to post a thread in it ?
So please, I think I might miss the big difference between a post in a "BLOG" and a post in a "Forum" - can anybody explain please.

2. My second question is regarding the blog editing screen. From what I see it is the "page" edit screen.
Are there any plans to integrate the TinyMCE editor on the BLOG edit page ?

Would be great if anybody could help me on those two questions.
  1. Depending on who you ask you could get differing answers. For me with this add-on, the difference comes from the underlying core so it's mostly technical and allows me to add functionality to it without complication (something in which will be clearly evident in 1.1). It also allows users to have their own space (similar in the approach of forums) that they can call their own, place their own thoughts, and in the future allow them to only show who they want to see it.

It's comes down to what you prefer I suppose, but there's quite a few ideas behind it that I prefer over just using a forum and threads to handle it.

2. The blog uses the same editor XenForo uses. Otherwise I'm confused as to whichpage you're referring to.
How can I get all my vb4 blogs over into this plugin today?
You'll have to use the vB4 importer (there's a couple running around as far as I know) to import them from vB to XF. Once that is done, you can PC me for the importer script that will import it from the XF forum to my addon ($35).

So this happened. :whistle:

There may be a few kinks to work out with the cart; if you have any problems let me know. I've said this months ago, but as a reminder: People who purchase the blog and have donated previously, please keep a lookout for a message from me in the near future. :)

Side note to SchmitzIT (and anyone else waiting for it), I will deal with the module shortly. I wanted to finally kick this thing out first. ;)

I was thinking I didn't have the permissions to view the [Buy Now] button ... because I couldn't see it.
I've never seen the [Add to Cart] button so far away from the price.
cart.tweak.webp

Made a minor edit to my post above. Minor detail. :cautious:
Congrats David! I'm sure that you're happy this day is finally here ;)
A slight understatement. :p It also means heavy work for me is just beginning but I'm more than happy to take it on. :)

Hi, the link forum works great!

a new doubt:
My main idea is to replace a traditional blog on the website of my application by an integrated solution like yours. But it seems that your solution is pointing to allow each member to have their own blog.
I got thru to limit the permissions, but still, each user has a link "My Blog". And that's in some way confusing.

Is there a way to accommodate this idea? a single blog administrator?

Thanks for your patience
Mario Gil

Look in the template lnblog_tab_links for:
HTML:
        <li><a href="{xen:link blog, $visitor}">{xen:phrase lnblog_my_blog}</a></li>
And wrap it with this conditional:
HTML:
        <xen:if is="{$visitor.permissions.lnblog.create}"><li><a href="{xen:link blog, $visitor}">{xen:phrase lnblog_my_blog}</a></li></xen:if>

hi Onimua,

after wraping the <li>tag, I (administrator with all permission allowed) could no long create a new entry.
I undid the changes, than I restarted all permission system and even uninstalled and reinstalled the lnblog. I can't find a way to be able to post again.
Do you have any idea?
the lnblog_tab_links after recovering
Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">
    <ul class="secondaryContent blockLinksList">
        <xen:if is="{$visitor.permissions.lnblog.create}"><li><a href="{xen:link 'blogs/create-entry'}">{xen:phrase lnblog_create_new_entry}</a></li></xen:if>
        <li><a href="{xen:link blog, $visitor}">{xen:phrase lnblog_my_blog}</a></li>
    </ul>
</xen:if>
Mario

I recommend not doing all of that again, especially uninstalling and reinstalling the blog.

Do you mean you couldn't post at all, as in the link disappeared from the tab menu and the button that is supposed to appear on the blog index?

exactly. Now when I'm logged as Adm I see in the blog index: No one has posted a blog entry yet. Be the first!
Clicking the be the first I receive the error message: You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
But I still can start a new conversation.
tx

Are you perhaps applying Never in one of the blog permissions? If you select Revoke in the Registered user group for posting new entries and then apply Allow for your specific account or for the user group, it should work.

Top Bottom