LiteSpeed Cache - Community

LiteSpeed Cache - Community 1.0.4.3

No permission to download
That is the correct logic, your site seems to be caching fine then!

Let us know if you run into any issues and we'll be glad to assist!

So logged in users should not be served from cache because the page contains private information. Logged out users are served from cache because they do not have any private information on the page.

Your site looks to be following that logic, so it is working correctly, yes.

This cache plugin caches the entire page so that guest users do not trigger a PHP call generating the same content. Logged in users will see parts of the page differently (e.g. where it will say Hi User) and for now these parts are not cacheable, so the page returns no-cache for logged in users, despite being the same page.

Hello alpdarslan,

Leaving 'Cache Policy' all as 'Not Set' is correct.

Your plugin settings look fine as well but you can probably safely increase Public TTL to 28800 and Home Page TTL to 1800.

Regards,
-Michael

After many years of being a happy customer while using vbulletin, I am afraid that I have cancelled my $999 license. There are just too many problems with this addon for me. 8 months on since moving to XF and my big board is still having issues. I will need to move to NGINX.

Thank you for the outstanding support though.

After many years of being a happy customer while using vbulletin, I am afraid that I have cancelled my $999 license. There are just too many problems with this addon for me. 8 months on since moving to XF and my big board is still having issues. I will need to move to NGINX.

I'm sure if you put in a support ticket that they can find a resolution to your issue. Latest version implements QUIC and works well over here. We have little problems with the add-on here and I'm not sure why you are having difficulties. With this addon you should have the cache disabled globally in the Litespeed control panel. That could be causing your issue.

@Michael A.
One thing that you should really consider to do is include in your instructions that the /library and /install folder NEED to be excluded from LiteSpeed cache. Otherwise LiteSpeed will keep serving up old files, even when new files are uploaded. This causes all kinds of issues. For example addons versions will not implement changes before moving on to another version. This can be really difficult to troubleshoot once you are a couple of versions down the road. if the addon in question relates to database caching then the issues can be very disruptive. This issue might also cause problems with updating the litespeed addon.

Better would be to adjust this in the addon itself.
/js is another folder that needs to be considered as you should not cache these files beyond any addon update. An integration with @Xon 's addon installer is something I would like to suggest.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that XF 2 is something that we are looking at internally at the moment, but do not have any solid plans in place just yet. I'll be sure to post again once we have more substantial info for you!

Regards,
-Michael

I have a question concerning using your litespeed addon in combination with other caching tools. @Michael A. We use memcached as a caching backend for XF1.5.
Can litespeed improve my site performance in this case or only when I use a file cache backend?

Top Bottom