Link Checker for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab

Link Checker for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab [Paid] 3.8.0

No permission to buy ($54.99)
@AddonsLab filejoker.net URL are show not valid. I have posted in your demo board and you can check.

The URL you have posted returns 404 Not found response. Please see the screenshot attached.

If you notice some unusual status regarding some particular domain, it is less likely to be a bug in the product (as the product is not written specifically for any domain, any working link should work). We just depend on status code returned from the remote server.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Invalid status.webp
    Invalid status.webp
    73 KB · Views: 8
@Nirjonadda , I see what is the issue. The link is shown as valid as 403 Forbidden error means the remote site may require authentication, so that does not make the link invalid. We will modify the application now not to show the redirect error for 403 links. Will check the issue with permission reported as well.

Thank you!

@Nirjonadda , I see what is the issue. The link is shown as valid as 403 Forbidden error means the remote site may require authentication, so that does not make the link invalid. We will modify the application now not to show the redirect error for 403 links. Will check the issue with permission reported as well.

Thank you!

box url are not working. I have posted in demo site.

Thank you!

Do you have any fix update. Also do you fixed box URL issue?

AddonsLab updated Link Checker for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Bug-fix regarding URL redirects

This is a bug-fix version solving two issues regarding invalid URL redirect:

1. URLs with status 403 are shown as valid but don't redirect
2. URL redirects are not active if the user does not have permission to see the status of the link

The new version is available for all licensed customers at
https://customers.addonslab.com/marketplace.php/my-services/

Thank you!

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Nirjonadda ,

The bugs reported are now fixed and the package is released. Please check.

Regarding box.com URLs. We have checked this deeply, and see, that there is no bug in the product, and there is nothing we can do to make the automatic check to work with this website, as it seems to have some protection system against automatic check (not only via our product, or via PHP, but any automatic check).

You can check sending an automatic request at https://www.hurl.it/ Here is a screenshot showing the response:

box.com redirection issue.webp

The "Location" header you see tells the checker to go to that URL instead of the current one (so-called header redirect). And as you can see, the redirect URL is exactly the same as the request URL, which makes the request to be repeated, and after 4 retries it fails.

For now, the only solution is to whitelist box.com URLs not skip their check. We will continue working on it once we find some more time to try to understand what we could do to avoid this (it seems we might need to store and send some cookies to this server, but it is not clear which cookies are specifically needed for this site).

Thank you!

OK I will wait for Box URL fix. One more issue, Updating or Edit link URL are not update vix AJAX without page reload.

@Nirjonadda , sorry, we have higher priority tasks to work on now. As mentioned above, Box URLs don't work because of their server's behavior, we may find some specific fix for it but we don't guarantee it will work. Any remote server may implement protection concerning how its data can be accessed, and there is something we can with it.

Didn't have time to check the AJAX updating issue, but as I understand this is of lower priority UI-related problem and the URLs are actually edited.

We will work on this in coming 48 hours and release the update here.

Thank you!

OK I am wait for update but AJAX update issue in thread post edit.

Do you mean the issue with AJAX update is in Admin Panel, using Quick Edit of a link, or on front-end when you edit a post? I originally considered you mean some issue in Admin Panel interface.

AddonsLab updated Link Checker for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Cookie support for remote requests and several bug fixes

This release implements cookie support for remote requests, which solves the issues with remote servers, that put cookies during the first request to their server and require the agent to accept the cookies, otherwise, an infinite redirect to the same URL happens. This was implemented to fix the issue with box.com URLs.

This version also fixes a bug with link statuses not being shown immediately after the post edited/saved via AJAX. Another bug with batch update script was reproduced, that...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@AddonsLab We are getting one more issue, soundcloud https://soundcloud.com url are not working. I am posted soundcloud link in your demo site. Please let me fix this issue ASAP?

Top Bottom