Guest Posting for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab

Guest Posting for XenForo 2.x by AddonsLab [Paid] 1.8.0

No permission to buy ($34.99)
Are these two options the same?

Immediate redirect to the registration
If enabled, users will be redirected to the registration page immediately after posting the content, instead of showing a message with links to the registration and login pages.

Redirect to registration page immediately
If checked the guests will be redirected to the registration page immediately after creating the content

If checked the guests will be redirected to the registration page immediately after creating the content

This was another name for the same option that was removed, so you should not see both options at once. I see, however, that is still in the package and we will remove it soon and publish the package again.

Thank you!

Are there any known incompatibilities with 3rd party addons?
Does this support posts to xenforo addons like XFRM and XFMG?
Does this support posts to any 3rd party xenforo addons like @Bob 's addons?

Do you have any plans to support more content types? It's an extremely interesting addon I have long desired to have, but forum posts are merely one of many content types. Many of our new members sign up to comment to an Article, Blog, Review, Resource or Media.

Do you have any plans to support more content types? It's an extremely interesting addon I have long desired to have, but forum posts are merely one of many content types. Many of our new members sign up to comment to an Article, Blog, Review, Resource or Media.

We don't have such plans as a few additional licenses sold do not financially compensate for the amount of work involved. Feel free to contact us if you are interested in funding the development of additional features.

Thank you!

This was another name for the same option that was removed, so you should not see both options at once. I see, however, that is still in the package and we will remove it soon and publish the package again.

Thank you!
Okay, that probably explains all the server errors then... Is it good enough to just deselect one or the other? In other words, is one option better to have selected than the other? I just deselected the one at the bottom (Redirect to registration page immediately
If checked the guests will be redirected to the registration page immediately after creating the content)

Have the people using this addon seen an increase of registrations or posts? No reviews or replies to this thread mentions the results. it would be nice if some admins could share their results.

Also: what unwanted results have admins encountered and how have they dealt with it?

We moderate some registrations based upon the conditions set in XF. These registrations get moderated in the new users queue as the registration is suspect. Often the registrations in moderation concern soem form of promotion or spam. Is there a way to see in the new users queue what posts a guest has posted? This is highly relevant.

Okay, that probably explains all the server errors then... Is it good enough to just deselect one or the other? In other words, is one option better to have selected than the other? I just deselected the one at the bottom (Redirect to registration page immediately
If checked the guests will be redirected to the registration page immediately after creating the content)
@AddonsLab I'm still getting the errors with the bottom option unselected. I'm going to switch to deselected the other...

I'll be re-selecting:

And deselecting:
Immediate redirect to the registration
If enabled, users will be redirected to the registration page immediately after posting the content, instead of showing a message with links to the registration and login pages.

Hopefully that works because I'm getting a lot of errors...

Unknown handler

21 minutes ago src/addons/AddonsLab/ContentHandler/AbstractFactory.php:64

[E_NOTICE] Trying to get property of non-object

21 minutes ago src/addons/AddonsLab/GuestPosting/XF/Pub/Controller/Register.php:40

Unknown handler

21 minutes ago src/addons/AddonsLab/GuestPosting/XF/Pub/Controller/Register.php:40

Unknown handler

It doesn't look like I can downgrade. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I guess I will disable both options for the time being...

The errors are showing up with both options deselected. Here they are...

RuntimeException: Unknown handler src/addons/AddonsLab/ContentHandler/AbstractFactory.php:64

Generated by: roger829 May 3, 2020 at 12:28 PM

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/AddonsLab/GuestPosting/HandlerFactory.php(45): AddonsLab\ContentHandler\AbstractFactory::getContentTypeHandler(NULL)
#1 src/addons/AddonsLab/GuestPosting/Service/ContentProvider.php(39): AddonsLab\GuestPosting\HandlerFactory::getContentTypeHandler(NULL)
#2 src/addons/AddonsLab/GuestPosting/XF/Pub/Controller/Register.php(40): AddonsLab\GuestPosting\Service\ContentProvider->getContentHandler(NULL)
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): AddonsLab\GuestPosting\XF\Pub\Controller\Register->actionRegister(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(261): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Register', 'Register', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(AddonsLab\GuestPosting\XF\Pub\Controller\Register), NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(AddonsLab\GuestPosting\XF\Pub\Controller\Register), NULL)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#7 src/XF/App.php(2184): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#8 src/XF.php(391): XF\App->run()
#9 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#10 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
["url"] => string(18) "/register/register"
["referrer"] => string(36) "https://webaddress.org/register/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(12) {
["username"] => string(0) ""
["e590d9f10b138f9d44eaa104130b4b1ef356584c"] => string(8) "username"
["09f205e4e6de49ef2cf1c2f7abf529410a05692d"] => string(19) "user email"
["ab423896c5c56b79aa8c089abba3f6dea55af96c"] => string(8) "********"
["g-recaptcha-response"] => string(505) "03AGdBq2554ZCsKukouiUQf5AerhBsP-plgTD7j8cFqRmBhgDZLEd9n_XS8-ZgEYQ8l3mYSi0Qkr8PPu6Pf8pz-amcmW0fVUKK1B-UR3xbTdAJdR36KTdnt23eKDFwTw3bPqvV9Q7CbB_wmTBab2szm2axpYxHsqeFXhVvzxY0s4xnk12cRygRa62g-7kcbpzRGBMklEP46L_bznpmP9DB0Bkfcft4_MY4ml_Y4HKVLXhu50_QSW-NDHrswg4D7dSFSxEfe65FXmHdWsObVUB2o5lb3xjTS4Dv3Zk0Fu7GNqDHjvTp_yQgvGvsA7q9WcNwFeTghCJDRyy17lHEB7HsUa03ewnccAKBEp77vVndnSqqVQob9_s1gUCk8MgQ7VZdEifGS_NQsZMqDABdS76-aMtQNhgnjUG2SYZf7MxYd0l1xAlRWz--9Y8-6Eii_-r3NK4eJ_zJNzpjfSm8Mtt-tz1MY8qNkiIJOmaS3WRv1KKp1eBttzWaWuA"
["accept"] => string(1) "1"
["reg_key"] => string(16) "1NwlCoGv24oOwC_D"
["5d590aa601351036d727780c4874739852a5870c"] => string(16) "America/New_York"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(10) "/register/"
["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to get property of non-object src/addons/AddonsLab/GuestPosting/XF/Pub/Controller/Register.php:40

Generated by: roger829 May 3, 2020 at 12:28 PM

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/AddonsLab/GuestPosting/XF/Pub/Controller/Register.php(40): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Tryi...', '/home/forum...', 40, Array)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): AddonsLab\GuestPosting\XF\Pub\Controller\Register->actionRegister(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(261): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Register', 'Register', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(AddonsLab\GuestPosting\XF\Pub\Controller\Register), NULL)
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(AddonsLab\GuestPosting\XF\Pub\Controller\Register), NULL)
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#5 src/XF/App.php(2184): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#6 src/XF.php(391): XF\App->run()
#7 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#8 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
["url"] => string(18) "/register/register"
["referrer"] => string(36) "https://webaddress.org/register/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(12) {
["username"] => string(0) ""
["e590d9f10b138f9d44eaa104130b4b1ef356584c"] => string(8) "username"
["09f205e4e6de49ef2cf1c2f7abf529410a05692d"] => string(19) "user email"
["ab423896c5c56b79aa8c089abba3f6dea55af96c"] => string(8) "********"
["g-recaptcha-response"] => string(505) "03AGdBq2554ZCsKukouiUQf5AerhBsP-plgTD7j8cFqRmBhgDZLEd9n_XS8-ZgEYQ8l3mYSi0Qkr8PPu6Pf8pz-amcmW0fVUKK1B-UR3xbTdAJdR36KTdnt23eKDFwTw3bPqvV9Q7CbB_wmTBab2szm2axpYxHsqeFXhVvzxY0s4xnk12cRygRa62g-7kcbpzRGBMklEP46L_bznpmP9DB0Bkfcft4_MY4ml_Y4HKVLXhu50_QSW-NDHrswg4D7dSFSxEfe65FXmHdWsObVUB2o5lb3xjTS4Dv3Zk0Fu7GNqDHjvTp_yQgvGvsA7q9WcNwFeTghCJDRyy17lHEB7HsUa03ewnccAKBEp77vVndnSqqVQob9_s1gUCk8MgQ7VZdEifGS_NQsZMqDABdS76-aMtQNhgnjUG2SYZf7MxYd0l1xAlRWz--9Y8-6Eii_-r3NK4eJ_zJNzpjfSm8Mtt-tz1MY8qNkiIJOmaS3WRv1KKp1eBttzWaWuA"
["accept"] => string(1) "1"
["reg_key"] => string(16) "1NwlCoGv24oOwC_D"
["5d590aa601351036d727780c4874739852a5870c"] => string(16) "America/New_York"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(10) "/register/"
["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

Last edited:
We don't have such plans as a few additional licenses sold do not financially compensate for the amount of work involved.
The demand is clearly there because its one of the most popular suggestions for xenforo. It has 100 votes, 3 pages of replies and even @Kier chiming in that its a great idea!
if you have not sold enough licences then have you evaluated your marketing including the addon name?
'guest posting' merely describes a function already present in xenforo. Consider to change it to 'Post first, Register next' or 'Just in Time Registration' or 'Motivate Guests to Register'.
If you consider 'guest posting' a feature already available in xenforo then the addon listing text does not clearly explain nor display what this addon does and what the benefits are.
The screenshots all need to be clicked on before they are visible instead of being embedded and visible on the first view.

Its really easy to misunderstand and overlook your addon. I think you can attract more sold.

The demand is clearly there because its one of the most popular suggestions for xenforo. It has 100 votes, 3 pages of replies and even @Kier chiming in that its a great idea!
if you have not sold enough licences then have you evaluated your marketing including the addon name?
'guest posting' merely describes a function already present in xenforo. Consider to change it to 'Post first, Register next' or 'Just in Time Registration' or 'Motivate Guests to Register'.
If you consider 'guest posting' a feature already available in xenforo then the addon listing text does not clearly explain nor display what this addon does and what the benefits are.
The screenshots all need to be clicked on before they are visible instead of being embedded and visible on the first view.

Its really easy to misunderstand and overlook your addon. I think you can attract more sold.

Thank you for the suggestions, it is indeed possible, that with better marketing we could have sold more licenses, but in our experience, 100 people "wanting" something is no more than 5-10 people actually being ready to pay for it anything around 30$ And the demand for enhancements of third-party add-ons is even lower, often neglectable.

Thank you!

Top Bottom