Link Checker by AddonsLab

Link Checker by AddonsLab [Paid] 1.17.0

No permission to buy ($54.99)
AddonsLab updated Link Checker by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

User interface enhancements and Disable Front-End Features option

In this version, we have made some minor enhancements and fixes in the user interface. The Check Status link on Edit Link page is removed, as it was checking the status based on old link URL, not the edited one, and was misleading. Now link status will be rechecked and updated every time a link is saved. To allow administrators to quickly skip validation of any link (e.g. link gives an error but you still want to use it), you can choose to Skip Validation from Edit Link page. Please note...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Not to complain, but I wish you hadn't removed the Check Status from Manage Links.

This solution seems like a curious one; why remove the feature when you could (?) have instead fixed how it works? i.e. force check the status of the link, refresh the data from the post so it updates the info -- basically make it work the same way as "Check Links" in the front-end (if front-end is enabled).

Not to complain, but I wish you hadn't removed the Check Status from Manage Links.

This solution seems like a curious one; why remove the feature when you could (?) have instead fixed how it works? i.e. force check the status of the link, refresh the data from the post so it updates the info -- basically make it work the same way as "Check Links" in the front-end (if front-end is enabled).

We removed it because if it would work as you suggest, it would be no different from Save button. If you change the link, and click Check Status, you expect the changed link to be checked, right? And if you want us to update the status in the database and on screen, like the link on front-end does, that we need to actually save the edited URL to the database, and check its status. This is what saving does. The bug in the previous version was due to caching, Check Status was using the local cache, and again giving back that it is invalid. Another issue was that if the link is not changed, the status would not be re-checked. As a result, an invalid link would stay invalid unless you edit the link. The way it works currently is to force link status check, without using the local cache, and even if the link is not updated, and the result is saved in the database. So, as you see Check Status and Save buttons would do exactly the same, with one difference - after Save the page redirects to Manage Links page. We considered this is the most common scenario, to edit the link, save it, and go back to the list to continue managing the links.

By the way, you have Check Status link in Manage Links page still, for each and every link on the right side, inside the popup.

I hope this clarifies our decision now.

Thank you!

We removed it because if it would work as you suggest, it would be no different from Save button. If you change the link, and click Check Status, you expect the changed link to be checked, right? And if you want us to update the status in the database and on screen, like the link on front-end does, that we need to actually save the edited URL to the database, and check its status. This is what saving does. The bug in the previous version was due to caching, Check Status was using the local cache, and again giving back that it is invalid. Another issue was that if the link is not changed, the status would not be re-checked. As a result, an invalid link would stay invalid unless you edit the link. The way it works currently is to force link status check, without using the local cache, and even if the link is not updated, and the result is saved in the database. So, as you see Check Status and Save buttons would do exactly the same, with one difference - after Save the page redirects to Manage Links page. We considered this is the most common scenario, to edit the link, save it, and go back to the list to continue managing the links.

By the way, you have Check Status link in Manage Links page still, for each and every link on the right side, inside the popup.

I hope this clarifies our decision now.

Thank you!

Absolutely. This as my misundersatnding. I thought the "Save" referred to the general XF front end save (when you edit a post and save it), but you meant the addon's back end Save for the link.

So it makes sense now - thanks!

@AddonsLab One more improvement request for Batch Update. Adding Back To Button.

Screenshot_88.webp

One more bug found in QUOTE Post. Link used two time.

4x1IEhetTMG6x43H2k7IWg.png

YCSt_nDdQ1iuWDkkia69Xg.png

@AddonsLab One more improvement request for Batch Update. Adding Back To Button.

View attachment 156540

One more bug found in QUOTE Post. Link used two time.

4x1IEhetTMG6x43H2k7IWg.png

YCSt_nDdQ1iuWDkkia69Xg.png

Thank you for the suggestion. Please note, that you have Batch Update, Manage Links and all other links on the left side. We will consider your suggestion and put the links soon.

I am not sure what you mean about the quote, but if you mean, that the link is twice in the post and it shows it only once, this is not a bug but the way it was meant to work. Only unique links are detected in the posts, so if the link is there ten times, you will see only one item in Admin Panel, and editing it will edit all ten links in the text. This was coded so for the safety of operation and avoiding confusion by admins (simply in Admin Panel where is no way to see is it the first or the second link you are editing). Please keep in mind, that this product is created to manage the links, which have some type of problem (e.g. not found links), and if two links are completely identical, we consider that admins will need to fix/modify them both anyway. If you need better control on duplicate links, feel free to simply edit the post and change the link the way you need.

Thank you!

Why adding after the save in post reply?

Code:
www.imgur.com TO [URL='http://www.imgur.com']www.imgur.com[/URL]

Then its replacement two time one 'http:// or 'https:// and www

NL8S3mhYSWCzpObYF_O0lg.png

Why adding after the save in post reply?

Code:
www.imgur.com TO [URL='http://www.imgur.com']www.imgur.com[/URL]

Then its replacement two time one 'http:// or 'https:// and www

NL8S3mhYSWCzpObYF_O0lg.png

I am not completely sure what you mean, but I guess you mean that the second "www.imgyr.com" didn't change. It didn't, as it is not in the link of your BB Code, but in the text section. Just put "https://imgurl.com" in Process Text field and choose "Replace Fully". I think the result will be as you expect.

Thank you!

Sir, I am post www. imgur.com but why its adding extra URL [ URL='http ://www .imgur.com']www .imgur.com[ /URL] ? Xenforo default URL format is [ URL]www .imgur.com[ /URL], OK But "Replace Fully" still ading two link type one www and one http.

I getting message "There are manual rebuild processes that have been stopped before completion. Click here to complete them." Getting error after Click here to complete them. I have opened admin CP other Tab then this message happened.

CODE]Server Error Log
Error Info
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: Nirjon, 1 minute ago
Stack Trace

#0 /home/nadda/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/nadda/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/nadda/public_html/library/AddonsLab/LinkChecker/UrlChecker.php(225): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('\n\t\t\tREPLACE INT...', Array)
#3 /home/nadda/public_html/library/AddonsLab/LinkChecker/UrlChecker.php(195): AddonsLab_LinkChecker_UrlChecker->setCachedResponse('http://www.myte...', Array)
#4 /home/nadda/public_html/library/AddonsLab/LinkChecker/Model/Link.php(307): AddonsLab_LinkChecker_UrlChecker->checkUrl()
#5 /home/nadda/public_html/library/AddonsLab/LinkChecker/Deferred/DeadLink.php(93): AddonsLab_LinkChecker_Model_Link->checkLinkStatus(Array, 5)
#6 /home/nadda/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): AddonsLab_LinkChecker_Deferred_DeadLink->execute(Array, Array, 99.999999046326, '')
#7 /home/nadda/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 99.999999046326, '', false)
#8 /home/nadda/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, 100, '', false)
#9 /home/nadda/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php(159): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(true, NULL, '', false)
#10 /home/nadda/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred()
#11 /home/nadda/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#12 /home/nadda/public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#13 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
["url"] => string(55) "/admin.php?tools/run-deferred"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["tools/run-deferred"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["redirect"] => string(36) "/admin.php"
["execute"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}
[/CODE]

Sir, I am post www. imgur.com but why its adding extra URL [ URL='http ://www .imgur.com']www .imgur.com[ /URL] ? Xenforo default URL format is [ URL]www .imgur.com[ /URL], OK But "Replace Fully" still ading two link type one www and one http.

It doesn't add the format, it just follows the original format of your link. On your screenshot, under Active URL column, you can see that you have
www .imgur.com two times - ones in URL, once a "text", the text which is shown to users. Our product allows you to change any of them - one by Porcess URL field, another by Process Text field.

For now we don't support removing the text, we support only replacing it, but we will implement the support for it soon. So, when it is implemented, you need to choose Replace Fully in Process Text field, and leave the text field empty.

I hope I understood you correctly now.

We will release the fix soon.

Thank you!

I getting message "There are manual rebuild processes that have been stopped before completion. Click here to complete them." Getting error after Click here to complete them. I have opened admin CP other Tab then this message happened.

CODE]Server Error Log
Error Info
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: Nirjon, 1 minute ago
Stack Trace

#0 /home/nadda/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/nadda/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/nadda/public_html/library/AddonsLab/LinkChecker/UrlChecker.php(225): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('\n\t\t\tREPLACE INT...', Array)
#3 /home/nadda/public_html/library/AddonsLab/LinkChecker/UrlChecker.php(195): AddonsLab_LinkChecker_UrlChecker->setCachedResponse('http://www.myte...', Array)
#4 /home/nadda/public_html/library/AddonsLab/LinkChecker/Model/Link.php(307): AddonsLab_LinkChecker_UrlChecker->checkUrl()
#5 /home/nadda/public_html/library/AddonsLab/LinkChecker/Deferred/DeadLink.php(93): AddonsLab_LinkChecker_Model_Link->checkLinkStatus(Array, 5)
#6 /home/nadda/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): AddonsLab_LinkChecker_Deferred_DeadLink->execute(Array, Array, 99.999999046326, '')
#7 /home/nadda/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 99.999999046326, '', false)
#8 /home/nadda/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, 100, '', false)
#9 /home/nadda/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php(159): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(true, NULL, '', false)
#10 /home/nadda/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred()
#11 /home/nadda/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#12 /home/nadda/public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#13 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
["url"] => string(55) "/admin.php?tools/run-deferred"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["tools/run-deferred"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["redirect"] => string(36) "/admin.php"
["execute"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}
[/CODE]

It seems you are running rebuild processes in two tabs at once. We will add a protection agains this error in the upcoming fixed release.

Thank you!

It seems you are running rebuild processes in two tabs at once. We will add a protection agains this error in the upcoming fixed release.

No, I have opened admin CP in other Tab when running rebuild processes. Other tab only showing this message, no running rebuild processes. Also main tab completed successfully where running rebuild processes but still showing this message "There are manual rebuild processes that have been stopped before completion. Click here to complete them." Getting error after Click here to complete them.

No, I have opened admin CP in other Tab when running rebuild processes. Other tab only showing this message, no running rebuild processes. Also main tab completed successfully where running rebuild processes but still showing this message "There are manual rebuild processes that have been stopped before completion. Click here to complete them." Getting error after Click here to complete them.

Do you get the error every time you click the message? Do you try running the task again? You should not see the message anymore when the task finishes successfully.

Will update soon with the fixes.

Thank you!

AddonsLab updated Link Checker by AddonsLab with a new update entry:

Dead-lock error fix and Batch Update page enhancmenet

Here is a bug-fix version, that prevents Dead Lock errors, in case two processes try to rebuild the same post at the same moment. It also makes it possible to remove link text in Batch Update mode, by choosing "Replace Fully" in "Process Text" section and leaving the text field empty.

The new version is available for all licensed customers at https://customers.addonslab.com/marketplace.php/my-services/

Thank you!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great, Please can add message with URL count?

Example: All configured replacements are processed with X URL deleted. (When do deleted) or Replaced (When do Replace)

Sure, this is something we already planned to implement, just didn't manage yet. Will implement it soon.

Just let us know if you got any other questions or see any problems in the product.

Thank you!

Top Bottom