Link Checker by AddonsLab

Link Checker by AddonsLab [Paid] 1.17.0

No permission to buy ($54.99)
Why can not copy License Key?

It is selectable, but not editable field, and of course, you are allowed to copy its value. The way to select the value is either using the mouse, selecting the text from start to the end. Usually you can also select the entire field using triple left-click. Once the text is selected, you can copy it using CTRL+C, or right click on your mouse and select Copy.

I am asking that what we have functionality from DLM then what is difference between DLM from you add-on ?

We did not compare our add-on to any other addon when we created it. We created it based on features we and some our customers needed, that contacted us asking to create such add-on, and we did our best creating the add-on. If you are interested in similarities and differences with other add-ons, feel free to check add-on descriptions and compare them.

Thank you!

It is selectable, but not editable field, and of course, you are allowed to copy its value. The way to select the value is either using the mouse, selecting the text from start to the end. Usually you can also select the entire field using triple left-click. Once the text is selected, you can copy it using CTRL+C, or right click on your mouse and select Copy.

Still can not and It not selectable. It's just show stop button. One more improvement request, Add Options to the Menu. Also are you adding Link checker Log?

Still can not and It not selectable. It's just show stop button. One more improvement request, Add Options to the Menu. Also are you adding Link checker Log?

With site-related issues and assistance requests please contact us via our Support System instead of posting here, as we can't send you here any private information.

I am sorry, it is hard to understand what exactly you are requesting us to implement. Please describe the requested features fully, provide some screenshots showing how you would like it to look, where to add what etc.

@AddonsLab Does LC compatible with [bd] Link Expander and s9e Media BBCodes? Also one more bug, LC not work with Convert URLs to Page Titles option.

We didn't check the compatibility with these add-ons, but I don't foresee any errors. If you find our any problems, just contact us via our Support System and we will review the issue and provide you with an appropriate solution.

Thank you!

I am getting error from Rebuild Links to Index Links.

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Data too long for column 'serialized_links' at row 1

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
    Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in AddonsLab/LinkChecker/Model/Link.php at line 34
    AddonsLab_LinkChecker_Model_Link->updateContentLinkCache() in AddonsLab/LinkChecker/Helper/MessageUpdater.php at line 107
    AddonsLab\LinkChecker\Helper\MessageUpdater->process() in AddonsLab/LinkChecker/Deferred/Indexation.php at line 92
    AddonsLab_LinkChecker_Deferred_Indexation->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 295
    XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 429
    XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 374
    XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php at line 159
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/nadda/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Data too long for column 'serialized_links' at row 1

Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in AddonsLab/LinkChecker/Model/Link.php at line 34
    AddonsLab_LinkChecker_Model_Link->updateContentLinkCache() in AddonsLab/LinkChecker/Helper/MessageUpdater.php at line 107
    AddonsLab\LinkChecker\Helper\MessageUpdater->process() in AddonsLab/LinkChecker/Deferred/Indexation.php at line 92
    AddonsLab_LinkChecker_Deferred_Indexation->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 295
    XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 374
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351

I see. It seems the number of links in one single post was bigger than we expected and didn't fit in a column. We will release now the fix with higher limit.

Thank you!

Code:
Server Error

The fix is released now. Please download the latest package, re-upload product files and re-import product XML. After this just continue rebuilding the links.

Just let us know if there are any other issues.

Thank you!

@AddonsLab I get response from our hosting providers that we have high MySQL usage. Your add-on doing high MySQL usage, MySQL load coming from your add-on. I have disabled your add-on and loading low and Site load back to normal now. Please can you let check your code and optimize if needed that can mysql table optimization.

However, one thing is observed that MySQL resource consumption went up by a huge margin, I guess some changes were made to the website recently?

1. MySQL usage is still high
new example: user.*, IF(user.username IS NULL, post.username, user.username) AS username | 0.000 |
2. Your script is heavier, you didn’t have this MySQL usage earlier.

I would suggest you to review the changes made lately.

Last edited:
@AddonsLab Your add-on doing high MySQL usage, MySQL load coming from your add-on. I have disabled your add-on and loading low and Site load back to normal now. Please can you let check your code and optimize if needed that can mysql table optimization.

Hello!

Of course, we have optimized the add-on for all cases we could reproduce so far, so, unfortunately, we can't optimize it further unless we get more information and reproduce the problem. The query you have quoted in your message is not from our product. Please contact us via our Support System, we will ask you for more information and will review the issue fully.

Thank you!

@AddonsLab Your add-on doing high MySQL usage, MySQL load coming from your add-on. I have disabled your add-on and loading low and Site load back to normal now. Please can you let check your code and optimize if needed that can mysql table optimization.

We reproduced a case when a query could load slower with our add-on enabled, as MySQL tables were joined together but the index was not used properly. Please apply the latest version and let us know if this solved the performance issue.

Thank you!

This type of functionality is very easy to get a very high load. It needs to be able to scan millions of posts without causing server problems.

I intend to run this addon once, have the dead links cleaned up and then uninstall again. Would uninstalling affect the dead links in any way? (with DLM we were left with 15k posts with bbcode in it)
I would keep it installed if not for the callbacks.

We reproduced a case when a query could load slower with our add-on enabled, as MySQL tables were joined together but the index was not used properly. Please apply the latest version and let us know if this solved the performance issue.

Thank you!

I’ll check and let you know about the usage, we’ll keep it monitoring though.

Why some URL format are not show correct? Its look like bug format?

r-e6s_YwSbCEI8AdgLp-Lw.png

I am sorry, it is hard to understand what exactly you are requesting us to implement. Please describe the requested features fully, provide some screenshots showing how you would like it to look, where to add what etc.

Add setting "Options" to the Menu. Also are you adding Link checker Log? That do log what I made change from this add-on?

3TjAgPK7T-m2Wjxfkbgr3w.png

We are yet to get any Addons Labs' add-ons, but now this and your post makes me think, I wasn't aware they have callbacks. That is unacceptable. We have over 70 add-ons installed and many of them are premium paid-for add-ons and none of them have callbacks as far as I know.

Not a fan of the practice - hopefully Addons Lab can change this.

We are yet to get any Addons Labs' add-ons, but now this and your post makes me think, I wasn't aware they have callbacks. That is unacceptable. We have over 70 add-ons installed and many of them are premium paid-for add-ons and none of them have callbacks as far as I know.

@AddonsLab As I know this add-on does not have any callbacks ... ?

The product does not include any callbacks, which execute on page load time on front-end and will not affect board's performance. License check is done only via Admin Panel interface or scheduled tasks.

The product does not include any callbacks, which execute on page load time on front-end and will not affect board's performance. License check is done only via Admin Panel interface or scheduled tasks.
This is very vague wording which actually implies that there are callbacks done through crons.

This type of functionality is very easy to get a very high load. It needs to be able to scan millions of posts without causing server problems.

I intend to run this addon once, have the dead links cleaned up and then uninstall again. Would uninstalling affect the dead links in any way? (with DLM we were left with 15k posts with bbcode in it)

We didn't test the add-on on a database with millions of posts, but of course, we are here to assist with any performance issues and fix any problems reproduced. Of course, you can remove the dead links and uninstall the add-on. Currently, the add-on loads on front-end only to show some additional information next to the link itself, to allow checking links inside a post from front-end etc. We can make all these features optional, so the add-on will be guaranteed not to run any SQL and or heavy code on front-end.

I will update Perspective API thread and address your concerns regarding callbacks there.

I’ll check and let you know about the usage, we’ll keep it monitoring though.

Why some URL format are not show correct? Its look like bug format?

r-e6s_YwSbCEI8AdgLp-Lw.png

Add setting "Options" to the Menu. Also are you adding Link checker Log? That do log what I made change from this add-on?

3TjAgPK7T-m2Wjxfkbgr3w.png

Not sure about these particular links. Please contact us via Support System to review it. In general, please consider reporting stuff in Support System, if the problems may be somehow related to your site or your database, and we may need to check the issue on your site. We can't ask you for access details here, so all we can do is just to ask to contact us via Support System.

Thank you for the suggestion, we will implement it.

Please check back in the other thread in some time and let's discuss this topic there.

@AddonsLab As I know this add-on does not have any callbacks ... ?

This is very vague wording which actually implies that there are callbacks done through crons.

It does, as it states in the section about licensing information. I am sorry this was not completely clear, we didn't indent to cause any misunderstanding, but we wanted to stress the fact, that there are no callbacks at all. I am sure it is completely clear for most of experienced admins over here, that if they have any licensing system, like license key, and if the license expires in some time, callbacks are the main and practically only way to ensure this (IonCube encoded software could be an alternative, but I don't think many users in XenForo community are confortable with that solution either).

I will discuss this further in another thread as a reply to @Alfa1 's posts. Please post there about the callbacks, and report here related to Link Checker issues only.

Thank you!

Really ? If this correct Why I am feeling that my site loading slowly after installed this add-on. Also some time we have disable this add-on and I am not feeling nothing. But Now enabled this add-on then happenning my feels ... :mad::mad::mad:

Really ? If this correct Why I am feeling that my site loading slowly after installed this add-on. Also some time we have disable this add-on and I am not feeling nothing. But Now enabled this add-on then happenning my feels ... :mad::mad::mad:

May I ask you please contact us with any problems you see and discuss the issues from the technical point of view? Did you apply the latest version and check for site performance again?

Thank you!

Top Bottom