Link Checker by AddonsLab

Link Checker by AddonsLab [Paid] 1.17.0

No permission to buy ($54.99)
Can add option preview limit?

Yes, it is not hard to implement, but is there any reason you want to change the default limit of 40? It is high enough for you to see many examples of links and be sure, that the replacement you are going to do works. Making it too much high may fail to load the preview, as the preview is updated with any change you are making on the page. Please let us know your thoughts on this.

Thank you!

Thanks for the update! :) Would it also be possible to only handle a couple of links at a time? To delete 1.000 links worked fine but i run into server timeouts when trying to edit around 10.000 links.

Thanks for the update! :) Would it also be possible to only handle a couple of links at a time? To delete 1.000 links worked fine but i run into server timeouts when trying to edit around 10.000 links.

I see. We will add a field to the page, that sets the maximum number of links processed. Will release the update soon.

Thank you!

Yes, it is not hard to implement, but is there any reason you want to change the default limit of 40? It is high enough for you to see many examples of links and be sure, that the replacement you are going to do works. Making it too much high may fail to load the preview, as the preview is updated with any change you are making on the page. Please let us know your thoughts on this.

Thank you!

because preview limit 40 then deleted link more then 40 its not good idea. Also I does not know that what link will be deleting. Just my own opinion.

I've another great feature request, specially for all the SEO stuff: Google is complaining A LOT (i've around 50.000) about internal links that aren't crawlable (links to threads that are only viewable by registered users).

I guess right now this tool is crawling all the internal URLs as a guest, right? Maybe it's possible to have an option to check the URLs as a registered user?

I hope it's understandable ;)

I've another great feature request, specially for all the SEO stuff: Google is complaining A LOT (i've around 50.000) about internal links that aren't crawlable (links to threads that are only viewable by registered users).

I guess right now this tool is crawling all the internal URLs as a guest, right? Maybe it's possible to have an option to check the URLs as a registered user?

I hope it's understandable ;)

So as our crawler fetches the link just as Google does, as a guest, now you can see these links under 403 status and can manage them if needed. Is there any reason you want our product to check the links as a registered user? All you would get is seeing this links as 200 OK instead of 403 Forbidden in the admin panel. On front-end, 403 Forbidden links are shown as valid, in case you want to show link statuses to your users. And I am not sure how this change would affect site's SEO. Please clarify and we will review it. Crawling as a user, however, may be technically hard or impossible to implement.

Thank you!

@AddonsLab Do you have remember my one feature request for User Panel? Check dead links and ask users to correct their links.

Thank you for the reminder. For front-end modifications, the first one we plan to implement is support for moderation queue. Next will be front-end list of links/posts, both for admins and users, who will get (optional) alerts when a dead link is detected. The link to the page will be added in Profile popup and in My Account pages.

Please check these changes when they are implemented, and feel free to provide your suggestions on what else you would like to see implemented.

We will work on front-end features later, no ETA for now.

Thank you!

Crawling as a user, however, may be technically hard or impossible to implement.

I see. I've just played around a little bit. As you said, all the internal 403 errors are links to the control panel and threads in forums for registered members only. It would be cool if it would be possible to change the URL Tag to something else (i have a tag for links that are only viewable for registered users).

I see. I've just played around a little bit. As you said, all the internal 403 errors are links to the control panel and threads in forums for registered members only. It would be cool if it would be possible to change the URL Tag to something else (i have a tag for links that are only viewable for registered users).

I see. Unfortunately, we don't have such support, but maybe we will make a large upgrade to the way the product works, which will allow us to handle more BB Code tags, like media, and we will consider your need to change the tag as well. Without knowing the tag structure, we can maybe implement a generic way to provide the tag name, but the tag should follow the structure of URL tag, like [custom=link]text[/custom] or [custom]link[/custom].

There is no ETA on when we will manage these changes, as it is going to be a large rewrite of the core of the product. We will inform once the changes are ready.

Thank you!

Top Bottom