1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Duplicate Liking a resource and resource thread should be the same

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Closed Suggestions' started by Code Monkey, May 13, 2013.

1. Code Monkey

Code Monkey Well-Known Member

You can see on resources that some people are clicking like on the resource and some are clicking it on the announcement thread. These should be one and the same and each should show the same likes. That is all
    melody, Russ, Brandon Sheley and 4 others like this.
  2. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I always try to make a point in liking both the release part and discussion side of the resource like but I agree it would be good that liking either one auto likes the other (if that was the suggestion). Saves switching to both areas.
  3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

It has already been suggested. I actually agree with this.

Seeing as the first post in the thread (unless edited) IS the resource details then it seems pointless to have the ability to like them separately.

EDIT: Here's the dupe: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...-like-addon-and-like-1-discussion-post.28829/

Not sure I necessarily agree with Marcus' implementation and I think a positive review doesn't need to necessarily Like the content.
  4. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Also agree. I try to like both, but don't always remember.
  5. Code Monkey

The code logic seems simple to me. If every resource has a thread then there is a thread/post id. Just use the the single source as the display and target for both.
  6. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

Also something to note... you can Watch the resource and watch the discussion thread as well.

I'd like to see one option.
  7. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Watching the thread is different from watching the resource. Watching the resource will give you notifications of updates while the thread will give discussion replies. I prefer to have them separate myself.
    Shelley and Chris D like this.
  8. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I have to agree with that.

I have unwatched many of the resource support threads as I get enough alerts to read as it is without getting alerts because user X has not uploaded the contents of the upload folder correctly :)
    Jeremy likes this.
  9. Code Monkey

That's a whole different topic and I would have to agree with King Kovifor on that one.
  10. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

ya.. I can see the point of that.
    never mind my statement then :p