Duplicate Liking a resource and resource thread should be the same

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
You can see on resources that some people are clicking like on the resource and some are clicking it on the announcement thread. These should be one and the same and each should show the same likes. That is all

I always try to make a point in liking both the release part and discussion side of the resource like but I agree it would be good that liking either one auto likes the other (if that was the suggestion). Saves switching to both areas.

It has already been suggested. I actually agree with this.

Seeing as the first post in the thread (unless edited) IS the resource details then it seems pointless to have the ability to like them separately.

EDIT: Here's the dupe: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...-like-addon-and-like-1-discussion-post.28829/

Not sure I necessarily agree with Marcus' implementation and I think a positive review doesn't need to necessarily Like the content.

The code logic seems simple to me. If every resource has a thread then there is a thread/post id. Just use the the single source as the display and target for both.

Also something to note... you can Watch the resource and watch the discussion thread as well.

I'd like to see one option.
Watching the thread is different from watching the resource. Watching the resource will give you notifications of updates while the thread will give discussion replies. I prefer to have them separate myself.

Watching the thread is different from watching the resource. Watching the resource will give you notifications of updates while the thread will give discussion replies. I prefer to have them separate myself.
I have to agree with that.

I have unwatched many of the resource support threads as I get enough alerts to read as it is without getting alerts because user X has not uploaded the contents of the upload folder correctly :)

Top Bottom