[Liam W] (RIP) Member Self Delete

[Liam W] (RIP) Member Self Delete 2.0.5 Patch Level 5

No permission to download
There are scheduled jobs outstanding which have not run. Jobs may not be getting triggered when expected.
This could have been related to this error.
If the error doesn't reappear and this message remains, I need to look at the xf_job table dump.

@Painbaker Now happening this error.

Code:
ErrorException: Job LiamW\AccountDelete:DeleteAccounts: [E_WARNING] Undefined array key "remove_avatar" src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Service/AccountDelete.php:141

Generated by: Unknown account Jun 16, 2022 at 2:57 PM

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Service/AccountDelete.php(141): XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] Und...', '/home/nadda/pub...', 141)
#1 src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Job/DeleteAccounts.php(45): LiamW\AccountDelete\Service\AccountDelete->executeDeletion()
#2 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(260): LiamW\AccountDelete\Job\DeleteAccounts->run(7.97522)
#3 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(202): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 7.97522)
#4 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(86): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 7.97522)
#5 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#6 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(8) "/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(49) "/forums/collected.91/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Excuse me for butting in here but is it not up to the board to set the policies. Members are free to leave and you can deactivate them but the posted information becomes public property.

You can basically set the board policies that members have to agree upon and from there on whoever wants to come and go can do as they see fit.

I am in the process of launching a another board and I have put up a forum called Hushed Topics where members can request a topic be moved. The Hushed topics are not visible to guests and google and do not report on the side widgets.

So the most I will be offering members is to move a topic to hushed. Only the topic owner can request the topic be moved to Hushed and he must have achieved a required member level before it kicks in. Anyone asking for deletion of user or topics is out of luck because the whole point of a forum is to sort conversations and deleting them is counterproductive to the flow. Imagine a member with 2000 posts asking to be deleted, the number of topics that would affect are immense.

Sorry but I will have no part of that on any of my boards.

Sorry but I will have no part of that on any of my boards.
The only thing you need to be careful of is if you're in the UK or Europe then you must abide by gdpr and remove any personally identifying information if requested.

I don't delete posts, but I will remove their email, location, dob etc etc from profile and any mentions of their real name in threads.

The only thing you need to be careful of is if you're in the UK or Europe then you must abide by gdpr and remove any personally identifying information if requested.

I don't delete posts, but I will remove their email, location, dob etc etc from profile and any mentions of their real name in threads.

As a general rule I don't collect that information to begin with. Members have user names for a reason and I prohibit anyone from mentioning others names unless they provide it openly in the signature.

I wish I could disable the whole birthday function from the profile completely, it is something that has always bugged me a bit. It does not need to be there if the TOS says you need to be a particular age to participate. Most members don't fill it in anyways so having it or not should be an option in Xenforo.

PS. I am from Canada so we do not yet have a gdpr requirement.

After the update, i have errors :(

• ErrorException: Job LiamW\AccountDelete:DeleteAccounts: [E_WARNING] Undefined array key "enabled"
  • src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Service/AccountDelete.php:130
  • Generiert von: Unbekanntes Konto
  • 17. Juni 2022 um 06:44

#0 src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Service/AccountDelete.php(130): XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] Und...', 'sr...', 130)
#1 src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Job/DeleteAccounts.php(45): LiamW\AccountDelete\Service\AccountDelete->executeDeletion()
#2 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(260): LiamW\AccountDelete\Job\DeleteAccounts->run(8)
#3 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(202): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#4 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(86): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#6 {main}

Same error here, though only once so far.

Code:
    ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: enabled src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Service/AccountDelete.php:130
    Generated by: Unknown account Jun 17, 2022 at 11:37 AM

Stack trace
#0 src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Service/AccountDelete.php(130): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Unde...', '<path>...', 130, Array)
#2 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(260): LiamW\AccountDelete\Job\DeleteAccounts->run(8)
#3 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(202): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#4 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(86): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#6 {main}

Got the above error again. Decided to investigate. The line that was causing the error referenced the option $options->liamw_accountdelete_randomise_username['enabled'].
I looked in the database and the option_value for that was set simply to "0".

I then went to the options page for the addon, enabled that particular option in there and Saved. I then checked the database value above and it was now:
Code:
{"enabled":"1","username":"Deleted member {userId}"}
Toggled the option back off on the options page and Saved again. The value in the database is now:
Code:
{"enabled":false,"username":false}
All fine. Definitely should fix the problem.

So it seems the default value of '0' being set for the liamw_accountdelete_randomise_username option is the cause of the problem. The fix for the addon author(s) is to either set it to an appropriate default, or to simply check if the option is empty before trying to check for the indexed value.

The temporary workaround for users who updated and are getting this error is to go to the options page and click the Save button, which I imagine will fix it. To play it safe, you can go the extra step of enabling the "Randomise username" option, Saving, then toggling it back off and saving again.

• TypeError: Argument 2 passed to LiamW\AccountDelete\Service\AccountDelete::__construct() must be an instance of XF\Entity\User, instance of LiamW\AccountDelete\Entity\AccountDelete given, called in /var/www/share/planet-liebe.com/htdocs/src/XF/Container.php on line 276 src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Service/AccountDelete.php:39
This is happening when a mod is trying to cancel an account deletion.

I don't have the "remove avatar" option checked, but getting following error:

ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: remove_avatar src\addons\LiamW\AccountDelete\Service\AccountDelete.php:141
Generated by: Unknown account Jun 25, 2022 at 1:34 PM

• TypeError: Argument 2 passed to LiamW\AccountDelete\Service\AccountDelete::__construct() must be an instance of XF\Entity\User, instance of LiamW\AccountDelete\Entity\AccountDelete given, called in /var/www/share/planet-liebe.com/htdocs/src/XF/Container.php on line 276 src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Service/AccountDelete.php:39
This is happening when a mod is trying to cancel an account deletion.
Getting the same error. A user can cancel the deletion, but when I cancel it as an admin something goes wrong.

Some issue's with phrases:

liamw_accountdelete_delete_imminent_body_html
Missing line breaks. This will result in one long line when emailed:
Code:
{name},

Your account at {boardTitle} will be deleted in approximately {days} days, as per your request.

If you no longer wish to delete your account, you can cancel the scheduled deletion by visiting {boardTitle} before this date.

liamw_accountdelete_account_deletion_completed_body
{name} is not parsed.
Code:
{name},<br/>
<br />
Your account at {board_title} was successfully deleted on {date}.<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
{board_title}[/b]

Last edited:
Here's another one

Code:
Server error log
XF\PrintableException: Job LiamW\AccountDelete:DeleteAccounts: Please enter a valid location. src\XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity.php:1216
Generated by: Unknown account Jun 29, 2022 at 1:40 PM
Stack trace
#0 src\addons\LiamW\AccountDelete\Service\AccountDelete.php(280): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save()
#1 src\addons\LiamW\AccountDelete\Service\AccountDelete.php(190): LiamW\AccountDelete\Service\AccountDelete->finaliseDeleteDisable()
#2 src\addons\LiamW\AccountDelete\Job\DeleteAccounts.php(45): LiamW\AccountDelete\Service\AccountDelete->executeDeletion()
#3 src\XF\Job\Manager.php(260): LiamW\AccountDelete\Job\DeleteAccounts->run(8)
#4 src\XF\Job\Manager.php(202): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#5 src\XF\Job\Manager.php(86): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#6 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#7 {main}

I received this, I don't know why

Code:
Error: Call to a member function getStorageState() on null src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Service/AccountDelete.php:168
Generated by: Unknown account Jun 29, 2022 at 11:41 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Job/DeleteAccounts.php(45): LiamW\AccountDelete\Service\AccountDelete->executeDeletion()
#1 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(260): LiamW\AccountDelete\Job\DeleteAccounts->run(7.86223)
#2 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(202): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 7.86223)
#3 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(86): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 7.86223)
#4 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#5 {main}

I’ll try to push out the patch this weekend for the errors.

Also getting lot of Server error log:

Code:
ErrorException: Job LiamW\AccountDelete:DeleteAccounts: [E_WARNING] Undefined array key "remove_avatar" src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Service/AccountDelete.php:141

Generated by: Unknown account Jun 28, 2022 at 11:12 PM

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Service/AccountDelete.php(141): XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] Und...', '/home/nadda/pub...', 141)
#2 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(260): LiamW\AccountDelete\Job\DeleteAccounts->run(7.97217)
#3 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(202): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 7.97217)
#4 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(86): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 7.97217)
#6 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(8) "/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(37) "/account/delete"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Top Bottom