[Liam W] (RIP) Member Self Delete

[Liam W] (RIP) Member Self Delete 2.0.5 Patch Level 5

No permission to download
Hello Liam.

I'm having a situation on my board and i think is something with your add-on. It's generating a error in my server log:

Code:
LogicException: User '9232' could not be found src/XF/Service/User/UserGroupChange.php:168

Generated by: Unknown account Feb 12, 2020 at 7:55 PM

Stack trace

#0 src/XF/Service/User/UserGroupChange.php(87): XF\Service\User\UserGroupChange->applyUserGroupChanges(9232, Array, Array)
#1 src/XF/Entity/Warning.php(194): XF\Service\User\UserGroupChange->removeUserGroupChange(9232, 'warning_2663')
#2 src/XF/Entity/Warning.php(143): XF\Entity\Warning->onExpiration(false)
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1208): XF\Entity\Warning->_postSave()
#4 src/XF/Repository/Warning.php(49): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save()
#5 src/XF/Cron/Warnings.php(9): XF\Repository\Warning->processExpiredWarnings()
#6 [internal function]: XF\Cron\Warnings::expireWarnings(Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#7 src/XF/Job/Cron.php(34): call_user_func(Array, Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#8 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(253): XF\Job\Cron->run(G)
#9 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(195): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#10 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(79): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#11 job.php(42): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#12 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(8) "/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(47) "[link to my forum]"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

@ozzy47
Dou you have have a public Git repo for this Add-on somewhere?
I might add a contribution via PR (request confirmation via email link to start the process + auto-cancel if not confirmed within x days)

No I don't. But if you want to add to the addon, you could send me the files or changes in a PC and I can update the addon accordingly.

I'd strongly recommend getting the code hosted in GitHub or similar.

For the avoidance of doubt, the original code written by Liam is entirely MIT licensed so there is nothing to stop anyone from forking or maintaining that original code or even re-releasing the resource here if they wish to do so.

It's therefore preferable that collaboration is promoted in a frictionless way and realistically the only way to do that is to maintain a public version control repo.

If you're unwilling to do that, it may be better to hand the resource over to someone who will, and you can contribute that way.

The MIT license does not restrict me to a certain way to host and update the files. If anyone is interested in hosting the files in GitHub, they are free to release their own versions of the addons.

Correct. Just making the situation clear in case it wasn't.

My recommendations still stand though. It seems to me that it is a win/win for everyone involved if there is a single, canonical version of the add-on which can be maintained collaboratively which is very much in the spirit of what Liam intended by hosting the add-ons on GitHub in the first instance and requesting that they keep an MIT license going forward.

Is there a particular reason you are adverse to hosting a copy of the files on GitHub?

Version control can be a confusing beast if you haven't used it before but it is easier than it might at first seem.

@Chris D, but the same github is not a panacea. There is also a bitbucket. And besides these, there are also their own raised git services such as gitea (gogs), gitlab, gitolite and a bunch of their own services, which is also under development from JetBrains. Perhaps he has a raised git on his servers and does not want to share access to this service, which is quite logical and does not save his identification data for Microsoft in their github service. And the resource manager allows here almost like a version control system, only with only a small part of it

If people wish to share code they can do so here, like any other addon. Then I can add it to the files. Or anyone is free to release their own fork and host it on GitHub.

Dear Ozzy,

Can you please add the option to the user choose how they want to delete the own account?

Removing all the posts, or, anonymize the posts like the "Delete User" from admin CP.

Would be great if this is possible.

i need help with this error

• ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: disabled_group_id
  • src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Service/AccountDelete.php:155
#0 src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Service/AccountDelete.php(155): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Unde...', '/home/admin/dom...', 155, Array)
#1 src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Job/DeleteAccounts.php(43): LiamW\AccountDelete\Service\AccountDelete->executeDeletion()
#2 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(253): LiamW\AccountDelete\Job\DeleteAccounts->run(G)
#3 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(195): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#4 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(79): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#5 job.php(42): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#6 {main}

Top Bottom