[Liam W] (RIP) Member Self Delete

[Liam W] (RIP) Member Self Delete 2.0.5 Patch Level 5

No permission to download
Another well done add-on by ❤Liam❤ - that we all appreciate you taking over and working with. I am curious though; if I select it to delete the member and randomize their username... will I still be able to spam clean and remove all their content, threads, posts and conversations?

In many circumstances that is a better option than leaving what could be old, inappropriate, or otherwise unwanted content to remain on the board.

Thanks for any insight!

So, 4 month ago @Kirby was willing to contribute some cool features for this AddOn but just because this project wasn't shared on GitHub (because @Ozzy47 "did have no desire to learn it") those features are still missing. Besides that, since then nothing happend at all with this AddOn.

@Ozzy47, do you allow to ask why you took over this AddOn at all?

Anyone is free to fork, modify or release their own version. So I ask you, why haven't you or anyone else stepped up to support it or any other addons???

Lazy, cheap, ignorant to what is involved?

Last edited:
I’d also like to thank you for finally participating in the addon thread that has been going for around three years.

Maybe I’ll wait that long to reply to your nonsense again. 🤔

Lazy, cheap, ignorant to what is involved?
Maybe I’ll wait that long to reply to your nonsense again. 🤔

To speak to you, you have to walk on lead feet. I noticed in the thread "Missing: Social Groups + Group-forums", he does not assimilate the criticism well and he takes everything to the personal field, which does not detract from his great merit as a developer. I am so sincere because I think I will soon leave behind all this around XenForo, otherwise perhaps I would bite my tongue.

Para hablarle a usted, hay que andarse con pies de plomo. Me di cuenta en el hilo "Missing: Social Groups + Group-forums", no asimila bien las críticas y todo se lo lleva al terreno personal, lo cual no le resta su gran mérito como desarrollador. Le soy tan sincero porque creo que pronto dejaré atras todo esto que rodea a XenForo, sino quizás me mordería la lengua.

To speak to you, you have to walk on lead feet. I noticed in the thread "Missing: Social Groups + Group-forums", he does not assimilate the criticism well and he takes everything to the personal field, which does not detract from his great merit as a developer. I am so sincere because I think I will soon leave behind all this around XenForo, otherwise perhaps I would bite my tongue.

Para hablarle a usted, hay que andarse con pies de plomo. Me di cuenta en el hilo "Missing: Social Groups + Group-forums", no asimila bien las críticas y todo se lo lleva al terreno personal, lo cual no le resta su gran mérito como desarrollador. Le soy tan sincero porque creo que pronto dejaré atras todo esto que rodea a XenForo, sino quizás me mordería la lengua.
I don’t think that’s necessarily a fair or reasonable assertion. I’ve never had any problem with Ozzy. Perhaps it is more the approach to a “request,” “suggestion,” or coming at someone as if what you (or I or anyone else) feels “should be the way.”

It’s easy for anyone to look at an end need or something which would benefit them - or even the entire community - but not be able to see the big picture or what complexities may exist behind such requests.

Just to share my two cents... I think a lot gets lost in approach.

Due to privacy concerns in recent years, can we have the addon comes with deleting all user content? I think that is important.

No, that would disrupt the flow of discussions.

Ok, that makes sense, but... how about this?

Rather than physically deleting a said username, why not anonymize it?

For example...

User Joseph Doe self-deletes his account, but the add-on will anonymize his threads/posts as Former User #(the user ID number).

Would this be a feasible solution?

Forgive me if this is already part of the add-on.

I am looking into getting this add-on, but I need to verify a few other features of the add-on to make certain it fits the overall blueprint of the website.

Hey @Ozzy47 thank you very much for your time updating this resource.

I'm getting the following two errors once in a while:

Code:
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: mode src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Service/AccountDelete.php:150
Generated by: Unknown account Oct 12, 2020 at 1:23 PM

Stack trace
#0 src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Service/AccountDelete.php(150): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Unde...', '/home/site/p...', 150, Array)
#1 src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Job/DeleteAccounts.php(43): LiamW\AccountDelete\Service\AccountDelete->executeDeletion()
#2 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(258): LiamW\AccountDelete\Job\DeleteAccounts->run(G)
#3 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(200): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#4 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(84): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#5 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#6 {main}

and

Code:
UnexpectedValueException: Job LiamW\AccountDelete:DeleteAccounts: Unknown option value encountered during member deletion src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Service/AccountDelete.php:189

Stack trace
#0 src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Job/DeleteAccounts.php(43): LiamW\AccountDelete\Service\AccountDelete->executeDeletion()
#1 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(258): LiamW\AccountDelete\Job\DeleteAccounts->run(G)
#2 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(200): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#3 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(84): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#4 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#5 {main}

It's been like that for a while so I doubt it has to do with the latest release.

Hey @Ozzy47 thank you very much for your time updating this resource.

I'm getting the following two errors once in a while:

Code:
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: mode src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Service/AccountDelete.php:150

Stack trace
#0 src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Service/AccountDelete.php(150): XF::handlePhpError(8, '[E_NOTICE] Unde...', '/home/site/p...', 150, Array)
#1 src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Job/DeleteAccounts.php(43): LiamW\AccountDelete\Service\AccountDelete->executeDeletion()
#2 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(258): LiamW\AccountDelete\Job\DeleteAccounts->run(G)
#3 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(200): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#4 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(84): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#5 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#6 {main}

and

Code:
UnexpectedValueException: Job LiamW\AccountDelete:DeleteAccounts: Unknown option value encountered during member deletion src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Service/AccountDelete.php:189

Stack trace
#0 src/addons/LiamW/AccountDelete/Job/DeleteAccounts.php(43): LiamW\AccountDelete\Service\AccountDelete->executeDeletion()
#1 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(258): LiamW\AccountDelete\Job\DeleteAccounts->run(G)
#2 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(200): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#3 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(84): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#4 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#5 {main}

It's been like that for a while so I doubt it has to do with the latest release.

Can you post a screenshot of your configuration for the addon? I’m not able to replicate the errors.

Top Bottom