KnownHost Server Configuration?

Can you register/buy domains with Knownhost? Sent an email, just waiting on an answer. I know I can do it on my old host urljet.

You can, but don't expect much help if you want to transfer it. 9 emails from me to them and I still never got a EPP code to transfer. Ended up forgetting about it until I just got a email 2 days ago stating my domain was about to expire.

Reactions: DRE
I would highly recommend never using your host for your domains. Just use Namecheap or Godaddy or such for the domain. That way you can easily just change the nameservers and such if you change hosting, instead of having to transfer the domain, etc. It keeps things nice and separate.

I would highly recommend never using your host for your domains. Just use Namecheap or Godaddy or such for the domain. That way you can easily just change the nameservers and such if you change hosting, instead of having to transfer the domain, etc. It keeps things nice and separate.
I've gotten to like NameSilo myself. Probably going to move all my existing ones over there from Namecheap.

Me:

Hi can you move my site over from 8thos.com to 8th.us because although I was able to download my site, unfortunately my upload speed is VERY slow and my internet connection is intermittent.

Them:

Sites can not usually be copied over from one account to another without complications. I can offer to copy all files from the public html of 8thos to 8th however I can not guarantee it will work properly afterward.

Me:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/my-services.61392/

Sites can not usually be copied over from one account to another without complications. I can offer to copy all files from the public html of 8thos to 8th however I can not guarantee it will work properly afterward.

LOL it's very easy to do. Just rsync the directory and then chown the file ownership to the account.

Backing up to the domain issue, definitely agreed about using a dedicated registrar. Just thought I'd throw a recommendation for gandi.net in though for the fact you get a free SSL certificate.

Top Bottom