KnownHost Server Configuration?

Yeap plus you couldn't give us root as youmoved to us from shared hosting. Root is nice if your migrating a lot of sites. But for one site there is no reason. The transfer multi sites and transfer an account functions are the same speed moving one site
I am not able to download my backup. I asked Slavik to move me but he ignored me. My next step was ask a host to do so or to hire someone. If I couldn't download the backup, nor even delete it, then there's no way they could've restored it in cPanel since they had the same privileges as me. Their request for root access makes sense but... Slavik once told me that I can easily move my site over by just downloading it through ftp. This is why I hired MattW instead of waiting for Slavik to answer (takes him a long time lol) cause I knew he'd know how to do it.

Now you'r. making assumptions. Mike, we know you want everyone to host with you, but you're going to have to get used to the fact that there are other hosting companies out there :D

Anyways, on that note, i'm out of this thread. Pointless argument and easily fixed if someone had supplied the correct information in the first place :p
Lol what? I would say that even if i wasnt a host. Not knowing how to do a transfer shows lack of knowledge. I assure you i dont need to smear another company to get clients

Lol what? I would say that even if i wasnt a host. Not knowing how to do a transfer shows lack of knowledge. I assure you i dont need to smear another company to get clients
And where did they say they didn't know how to do a transfer? As I said, you're assuming.

Migration to new VPS is ready to go. Just need @DRE to turn the board back on (providing his ISP has taken the DNS update already)

Reactions: DRE
I haven't read most of this because I assume it's just bickering.

I use KnownHost with their SSD package w/ Litespeed and my forum is FAST.

They transferred my forum from my old host and whenever I have a problem they are on it pretty quick. For the price I pay for this server and the support I get, I really can't complain.

I've had some billing issues here and there from some miscommunication but that its with every host I've ever had.

Reactions: rdn
Migration to new VPS is ready to go. Just need @DRE to turn the board back on (providing his ISP has taken the DNS update already)
Can I get you to move mine?
Did I forget to mention I need you to buy me a new server to go along with it?? I want the fastest there is, plus oodles of RAM and at LEAST 4000TB of storage space!! :ROFLMAO:
Good job @MattW!

Can I get you to move mine?
Did I forget to mention I need you to buy me a new server to go along with it?? I want the fastest there is, plus oodles of RAM and at LEAST 4000TB of storage space!! :ROFLMAO:
Good job @MattW!
Yeah sure, will they take Monopoly money for payment for the server?

@DRE what was the reason you moved from MDD, if I may ask? :P

Because my forum ain't as big as yours yet nor do I run many add-ons like you, but I've been with them for two years on a shared hosting account and we're going fine. We plan to upgrade to semi-dedicated next year, since our forum is picking up and we expect we'll need that upgrade. But MDD has been awesome for us. I think, I was the reason you tried MDD didn't you? :O I remember you sending me a personal conversation :P

It's an additional option.
the customer service that knownhost as if fast...

Knownhost said:
Litespeed is available as an add-on for our SSD plans. See http://www.knownhost.com/ssd-vps-addons.html to view SSD add-on options and pricing.

Once you've reviewed the above information, let me know if you have any further questions or if I can be of additional assistance. I'll be happy to work with you.

Regards,
Debbie

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: 344306
Department: Sales
Priority: Medium

Reactions: rdn
@DRE what was the reason you moved from MDD, if I may ask? :p

Because my forum ain't as big as yours yet nor do I run many add-ons like you, but I've been with them for two years on a shared hosting account and we're going fine. We plan to upgrade to semi-dedicated next year, since our forum is picking up and we expect we'll need that upgrade. But MDD has been awesome for us. I think, I was the reason you tried MDD didn't you? :O I remember you sending me a personal conversation :p
Yes you were. You gave them a glowing review. As I mentioned in this thread though I was not satisified with my site's performance. It took forever to rebuild templates. None of those sites were optimized for xenForo forum software (at the time). I wanted to speed up the site by implenting Cloudflare as a CDN, but all Cloudflare seemed to do was slow the site down or make it go offline at times. Ended up looking for greener pastures. Basically, my site had gotten too big or was using too much resources, even for their semi-dedicated plan. Mike Edge had convinced me his site could handle it so after I ran tests on xFShowcase, I signed up for xFHost.

the customer service that knownhost as if fast...
Both URLJet, MDDHosting and xFHost have Litespeed. It helps speed shared hosting sites alot but it's not something that usually comes by default in managed or unmanaged vps because you have to pay extra for it. Litespeed should help speed up your forum alot and if you can afford it, get it when possible. I only chose nginx cause I don't feel comfortable with paying that much for hosting at the moment. Check out this comparison: http://nocfusion.com/web-server-selection-apache-litespeed-lighttpd-or-nginx/

Yes you were. You gave them a glowing review. As I mentioned in this thread though I was not satisified with my site's performance. It took forever to rebuild templates. None of those sites were optimized for xenForo forum software (at the time). I wanted to speed up the site by implenting Cloudflare as a CDN, but all Cloudflare seemed to do was slow the site down or make it go offline at times. Ended up looking for greener pastures. Basically, my site had gotten too big or was using too much resources, even for their semi-dedicated plan. Mike Edge had convinced me his site could handle it so after I ran tests on xFShowcase, I signed up for xFHost.
Ah I see, maybe your site outgrew the shared environment :) Sad to see that though, MDD has been amazing for me and I'd still give it a glowing review haha.

Especially the support, Micheal at MDD is like Brogan's brother or something when it comes to quickness and support!

Reactions: DRE
This is the first thing I tested out on my new server: http://xenmediagallery.com/threads/video-preview-does-not-work.430/

Still doesn't work. So that tells me it was probably never the server in the first place.

The next solution is for me to what I planned earlier, import my site from one Xenforo 1.2 installation to another.

I'll do that later though. I have to wait for the addon importers I paid another coder to make.

LoL we don't have access on that forum you linked :D
The forum is www.xenmediagallery.com That's public. I forgot that the troubleshooting section is private.

You can always fix that by buying XenMediaGallery though. :p

Basically my issue is that video preview does not show on my site's media gallery index. When I clicked on a video in an attempt to play it, it goes right to the video page. On my old server I had all addons disabled except for XMG. I was using a default skin with no template edits. I have tried on both Firefox and Chrome. This happened when XMG Thumbnail elements are all on or off with only video preview checked. I will probably run the same tests as I did before but I don't think it would fix the issue.

And where did they say they didn't know how to do a transfer? As I said, you're assuming.

Same as how you assumed I thought I was the only hosting company to ever exist ;) I wasn't assuming, Dre said they wouldn't accept his cPanel info, the same info he's given every other host he has had to move him but instead requiring his root information.

Top Bottom