Keyword Linking by Siropu

Keyword Linking by Siropu [Paid] 1.5.1

No permission to buy (€29.99)
I had always only changed the ones with a higher prio and left all others at 0. Will try that eventually with a 1.

Yes, I rebuilt the caches, emptied the cache and rebuilt it, turned it off completely, emptied browser cache etc.

If you are sure it is not working (it should), just file a bug report to Siropu. He is very helpful and when he has time he will check it for sure.

Hopefully you could add auto-linking of forums/nodes. When a user posted a forum name it would automatically link to that forum.

We're a 16yo big board with 135 forums.
Well, sit 1-2 hours and do the deed to be honest.

As comparison I have:

1657472250038.png

7720 keywords.

To be fair, I got ~7k with a script but rest manually. If you had this many I could see a reason for "auto-linking" but 135 is nothing. It probably takes less time to do it manually then having it developed.

If you get bored easily, just do 10 for each day. In 2 weeks you will have finished it. You can also have them disabled until you finish all 135 and enable them all together.

Last edited:
Well, sit 1-2 hours and do the deed to be honest.

As comparison I have:

View attachment 270724

7720 keywords.

To be fair, I got ~7k with a script but rest manually. If you had this many I could see a reason for "auto-linking" but 135 is nothing. It probably takes less time to do it manually then having it developed.

If you get bored easily, just do 10 for each day. In 2 weeks you will have finished it. You can also have them disabled until you finish all 135 and enable them all together.
😭 this will be my life... I have a minimum of about 10k keywords we will be needing linked to Bob's Showcase add-on, and that's going to be a miserable experience.

• Haha
Reactions: sbj
😭 this will be my life... I have a minimum of about 10k keywords we will be needing linked to Bob's Showcase add-on, and that's going to be a miserable experience.
Yeah, I feel you.

I was lucky because before I did stuff on Showcase, I have let that script create the showcase items for me + the keywords in the keyword addon linking to those items. On Bob's site I posted the script to it if you want to look at it. With modification you could make a use of it but I am no developer, so wouldn't know.

PS: This addon, "Keyword Linking by Siropu", is so valuable I cannot even describe. Siropu was so kind and added all the features I asked for. It practically needs to be in core but what do I know :D.

I have been evaluating Keyword Linking on other Websites and can't get it to display a tooltip using a touchscreen interface. More than half of our members use smart phones and tablets. Is it possible to make the tooltip pop when tapped or clicked on?

Last edited:
Tooltips do not work properly on many mobile phones.
And tapping for a second to see the tooltip is not going to be a good deal for most members to use. So I think its simply not implented at this time in the add-on.

A feature I realy miss is a way to simply sort the kewords alphabetical and then also most clicked keywords, less clicked keywords eg. Or a stat for keywords with a click history (clicks per month) ;-)
Also a little pain: when I will clean certain keywords out of the keyword list at ACP let me sy from site 2 or a other higher then 1, then after I click the delete icon I jump back to site one of the list. Not so fine...

Last edited:
And tapping for a second to see the tooltip is not going to be a good deal for most members to use.

It may not be so bad this case. There isn't much difference for the user to mouseover or click, which would be a tap on a touchscreen. I wonder if the add-on could be configured for a mouseover or click/tap to pop?

But you forget, the mouse members often have more space at his monitor. At a smartphone it can ba horrible to handle with less space at the displays.

But you forget, the mouse members often have more space at his monitor. At a smartphone it can ba horrible to handle with less space at the displays.

I don't understand. Mouseovers and Tooltips adjust fine on large monitors even when set to very high magnification. The Reaction menu is hard to pop on many touchscreen devices but the display adjusts fine when it does.

Anyone interested in the meaning could click or tap to make the tooltip pop. I can understand that it might be hard for an add-on to detect a touch screen but an ACP-level configuration option to use the current mouseover mode or in a click/tap to pop a tooltip should not be that difficult (says a programming moron).

Our concern is more than half of our users will see bold green text that does not respond for them and why their posts arbitrarily become "contaminated" with these distractions. A mouse user will self-learn fast enough but it can be really annoying for touchscreen users. We would really like to install it if this can be resolved.

I think that is a good idea (tap to open tooltip). At the moment I have added some code to hide the icons on touch devices since they have no use for them.

Quick question before we purchase.

Does this addon work by modifying the actual post content in database?
Or does it insert keywords in the post content on the fly when the page is displayed?
Hopefully it is the latter :)

I'm still undecided as to whether I should purchase this addon because I just realized that this plugin will not actually generate the keywords for us (I should have realized that sooner, it seems obvious now). We do not use the 'tags' functionality in Xenforo unless I am mistaken, so the addon can't generate keywords from tags, at least on our board.

We have a database with about 10 million posts and a million threads spanning over 20 years, I'm not sure what keywords would be good to use.
Is there any recommendation in terms of how to create good keywords (in terms of SEO) ?
Any clue on how this could be efficiently automated?

At this point I am considering writing a script to scan our database and try to determine the best keywords so as to build an XML file for import. But I'm not sure what the algorithm will look like.

For us - keywords are helpfull for my members first and for SEO of course in the second sight. We use it to help members find significant content as fast and good as possible. I search engines can use it also - fine, its for us a nice bonus point.

How should a script find helpfull keywords out of wild member content? Can you more explain how do you will do that?

Top Bottom