1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is XenForo worth it?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by ImmuneSquirtle, Mar 1, 2013.

1. ImmuneSquirtle

ImmuneSquirtle New Member

I'm thinking about buying this.
    Opinions? Is it really worth the money?

2. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

Money?

Its cheap. Look at your other options. All done?

Congrats on your new xF license.

Cees50, abdfahim, Alien and 6 others like this.
  3. John

John Well-Known Member

Short answer? Without a doubt! Do some searching in this forum...there are several threads asking this same question which already have very detailed answers and case studies to help you in your decision. :)

4. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

What a strange question to ask on the official Xenforo site... of course we are all going to say it is worth it! lol

Take the demo for a test drive and work it out (as Stew says, you will do so very quickly)

YES it is worth it!

Taxi likes this.
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Well-Known Member

It's way underpriced in my opinion.

Lucas, Saeed, Alien and 18 others like this.
  6. Pereira

Pereira Well-Known Member

If you want paid forum software then it's definitely it.

I honestly don't know what the "official support" is like because I have never needed to use it. You will find everything you need to know on the forums.

7. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Yes Shaun but i think XF is decent about the many very young admins or unemployed people who have great creativity and skill but very little money. Some say it's too much and they have to save up. By making it cheap XF gets a more vibrant community - and sharp competition with its alternatives.

8. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

Have a good look in this section Sqirtle and check out the same question - it normally gets a big thorough answer but we're all overexcited because XF just won a huge court case that has dragged on for years.

In a quick sentence XF is fast, stable, SEO friendly, smooth on the admin side to operate and customise, has a vigorous addon community working closely with the core, - and fast support.

Love that name Squirtle - why not ask specific questions on what aspects of a forum are key for your project?

9. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

Of course it is worth it. I don't want to use anything else. :D

10. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

XenForo must be twice more than vb current price.

jonsidneyb likes this.
  11. Pereira

Pereira Well-Known Member

When compared to others, a XenForo license should cost around $200 (minimum) and then $30 renewal for 6 months. It's just too good to cost anything less.

The current price of $140 is unbelievable for software of this quality.

Softlineck, HWS and Kim like this.
  12. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

13. intradox

intradox Well-Known Member

Depends on your requirements. If you are looking at Xenforo compared to the other paid options on the market, then yes. But if you need just a simple forum solution, it may be better to go with something like phpbb or another one of the free forum softwares.

14. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Considering it's on sale too from: March 4th, ending at 0:00 on March 11th, I'd pick it up in a heart beat.

FIXED (y)

Andrej likes this.
  15. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

FTFY. ;)

16. MrC

MrC Active Member

Yes. Grab it now!!! It's on sale.

17. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

Xenforo is reliable, fast, fun, user friendly and lawsuit free. (y)

owtlawatv, Markos, 0xym0r0n and 3 others like this.
  18. aculate

aculate Well-Known Member

shhhhhhhhhhhhh.... don't say it out loud... :censored: Maybe KAM won't notice it...

Evina likes this.
  19. wickedstangs

wickedstangs Well-Known Member

Yes, it is very worth it.. Just Do it and don't look back...

0xym0r0n likes this.
  20. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member