Is XenForo worth it?

Back on topic, XenForo provides great value at it's current price point (non discounted).
The UI is truly a masterpiece, I wish they went with a better design for the editor, but this is simple enough, so I'll live.

With that said, has anyone been able to convert videos from vB4.2 to XenForo without trouble? I noticed none of my YouTube links showed properly, this is bad when you have a YouTube section and none of the videos show.

:cry:

Yup - it's worth it =) We shifted from vBulletin years back and not one single time have we been regretting it! Just the fact that the updates are going so smoothly is a joy! Before we were cursing for days after an update because of all the problems and issues with vB.

Xenforo is easy to use/style, addictive to the users and very user friendly, fast, has a lot of possibilities and yet it's simple. And then there are new things / add ons being developed all the time by awesome Xenforo users (y)

And with the product being on sale now...
soon, but not now.

License Discount

From 0:00 GMT on Monday, March 4th, ending at 0:00 on March 11th, XenForo licenses will be on sale for the discounted price of $110, instead of the usual $140 price.

I'll be picking up a third license and am happy to now dump vBulletin. I am not pleased at all with vB5 disConnect. With the lawsuit in the past, I'm comfortable moving forward with production installations.

Back on topic, XenForo provides great value at it's current price point (non discounted).
The UI is truly a masterpiece, I wish they went with a better design for the editor, but this is simple enough, so I'll live.

With that said, has anyone been able to convert videos from vB4.2 to XenForo without trouble? I noticed none of my YouTube links showed properly, this is bad when you have a YouTube section and none of the videos show.

:cry:

We convertied without issue from VB4

BB code isn't altered on import, you would need to use Kiers Search and Replace addon to fix those.

I converted from vB 3 about 2 years ago. Very happy that I did so.

Now that we know that continued development is assured, it's a no-brainer if you're looking for a non-free forum.

I own both an ipb and vB license, have used xf nulled on a localhost very pleased with it's handling and speeds to be honest. I know admitting using a nulled on localhost for test purposes will be frowned upon, but honestly it made me want to buy it. I'm also the type who need's to try before buying.

I just wish instead of the 4th it started today, as i have the money right now and want to buy it xD.

OF course it's worth the money. The best forum community and lovable software ever! :) After trying out a few other paid forum software, in my opinion, xenForo has the easiest admin panel ever.

When compared to others, a XenForo license should cost around $200 (minimum) and then $30 renewal for 6 months. It's just too good to cost anything less.

The current price of $140 is unbelievable for software of this quality.
I think the real value XenForo would be about $ 165 or $ 170, I think the cost of renovation would be $ 25 dollars every 6 months.

Although XenForo lacks blogs, galleries, CMS, among other things, integrated by default in the software, it is very good.

I've worked with phpbb and vb. After moving to vb3 I decided I was never going to try anything else but then XF came along. I was very reluctant to move from the familiarity of VB but I'm glad I made the move.

Everyone on my site loves it and they're always complaining to me about the new XF site. They blame me for spoiling their enjoyment of sites that are still with VB because once you go XenForo you dont go back!

""litigations failed because of XenForo’s loyal customers" -- Nice! They (the customers) also deserve a failed law suit too for sure."

I cannot imagine sooo many customers being that loyal for two years without really good reasons, unless you think all these loyal customers are naive. Can you imagine vbulletin customers being that loyal for two years without any development?
And to be honest: It is (!) a fair price!

Top Bottom