Is XenForo worth it?

I own both an ipb and vB license, have used xf nulled on a localhost very pleased with it's handling and speeds to be honest. I know admitting using a nulled on localhost for test purposes will be frowned upon, but honestly it made me want to buy it. I'm also the type who need's to try before buying.

I just wish instead of the 4th it started today, as i have the money right now and want to buy it xD.

Well you can buy it now and remove that nulled version you have :)

I'm thinking about buying this.
Opinions? Is it really worth the money?
after ~1 yr of being an xenforoian, last week I was thinking of having a new forum.. so I bought a domain and was deciding whether to go with xf or have something new for a change ... and after trying the demos of the latest versions of other leading forum softs for a whole day, and then came back to xf forum, i was thinking why the hell I should be spending in something inferior just for the sake of change?

.......... and guess what i found most of the time .... surprise ... the second hand license of those softs costs more than current discounted price of original xf !!!

It's way underpriced in my opinion.
I diagree because it doesn't come with blogs, CMS, TinyMCE is frustrating at times, still can't merge users and we can't install more than two or three dozen styles without having issues and it makes the whole site go down whenever your installing or uninstalling something. The price right now is perfect and the security, speed and SEO compared to vBulletin and IPB is worth the price alone.

I own both an ipb and vB license, have used xf nulled on a localhost very pleased with it's handling and speeds to be honest. I know admitting using a nulled on localhost for test purposes will be frowned upon, but honestly it made me want to buy it. I'm also the type who need's to try before buying.
Yes unfortunately some people do that. But we know from studies that people who can try and test products, even when using nulled versions, often tend to become customers later on. Looks like you will be one of them, so good for you. :)

Funny that, after a year of everyone complaining about a lack of communication about the status of XF, all of a sudden people are fawning over XF again. Honestly, I'd be worried about buying a license again, something else coming up, and having to wonder if there'd be radio silence again.

I understand that there couldn't be communication from the XF devs during the lawsuit, but I'm really hesitant to pay to renew my license after going through all of that.

I still miss some of the ease of use with using IPB for the past year.....Certain aspects of XF seem a bit silly the way it is done or require more steps

but i am about 85% content and happy with XF and the speed of the software alone makes me a happy customer.
I think it's worth it :P

Funny that, after a year of everyone complaining about a lack of communication about the status of XF, all of a sudden people are fawning over XF again. Honestly, I'd be worried about buying a license again, something else coming up, and having to wonder if there'd be radio silence again.

I understand that there couldn't be communication from the XF devs during the lawsuit, but I'm really hesitant to pay to renew my license after going through all of that.

I expect you're not alone - but perhaps a period of development and stability (and maybe even growth!) might help to ease your trepidation. (y)

There's no rush to renew, and you are probably one of a few that might wait until the next major release to see how the product/company is before stepping back into the arena.

Let's hope XF can win you back with some good old fashioned hard work and spectacular product delivery. ;)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I'm thinking about buying this.
Opinions? Is it really worth the money?

I wouldn't buy it. Not only would you become addicted to visiting XenForo.com and XFShowcase.com, but you will find it hard not to spend money on the fantastic awful add-ons available for it.

Honestly, it's crap. I'm only going to buy another few licenses just to prove how horrible it is*.

* sarcasm

Worth it?????
It's way underpriced.
This piece of software is fantastic and the community helps in every way they can.
It's a shame they don't sell stocks on NYSE, I would buy it in a second!
(y)

Top Bottom